• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Knockout kit

Can’t see what would cause it to move. Maybe not moving just sticking to the crank shaft when the shaft removed after installation. Unless the grease is pushing it out hydraulically when installing

Harmonics cause it to move.

Can’t see what would cause it to move. Maybe not moving just sticking to the crank shaft when the shaft removed after installation. Unless the grease is pushing it out hydraulically when installing

Just the engine running, the tolerances and movement from the crankshaft, stubshaft and the bearings combined. there's movement and vibration in all of it.
I used green loctite on the knockout ring on assembly, but have ZERO miles on the machine this winter if thats what you could even call it.

Just the engine running, the tolerances and movement from the crankshaft, stubshaft and the bearings combined. there's movement and vibration in all of it.
I used green loctite on the knockout ring on assembly, but have ZERO miles on the machine this winter if thats what you could even call it.
Here in the UP I only put about 30 miles on my sidewinder this year.
Strangest winter i have ever seen for this area.
Maybe 200 miles on the nytro.

Ground has very little to no frost in it. Weight restrictions have been on the roads for a couple weekes already.

Here in the UP I only put about 30 miles on my sidewinder this year.
Strangest winter i have ever seen for this area.
Maybe 200 miles on the nytro.

Ground has very little to no frost in it. Weight restrictions have been on the roads for a couple weekes already.
I concur Tim. Lets try to forget about this one? I never even turned the key on the winder or got to try the 41/37 we talked about.

Green Loctite is some serious stuff.. I wonder if your going to have trouble getting it apart if the need arises? I feel for you not getting any riding in this year… Just getting a couple of blast offs go a long way to a much better attitude when you got a new sled just calling your name… Hope things turn around in your area ….

As KnappAttack and I know, never turned a track here in lower half of MN. No winter at all.

Green Loctite is some serious stuff.. I wonder if your going to have trouble getting it apart if the need arises? I feel for you not getting any riding in this year… Just getting a couple of blast offs go a long way to a much better attitude when you got a new sled just calling your name… Hope things turn around in your area ….

No reason for it to come out at all. Even it does nothing its just along for the ride. Doesn't hurt anything.

At this point in the season I don't even want any snow. I'll go back to work the last week of Feb. and am hoping it doesn't snow the rest of the spring. Not only would it not last or do any good, it would just be an inconvenience at this point. I've been looking forward to and dreaming about motorcycle season lately. I'm not wigging about not turning a track, we've been thru this plenty before in southern MN.

The good thing is next fall is supposed to reverse the El Niño and bring a La Niña pattern to us or so NOOA is predicting.

As KnappAttack and I know, never turned a track here in lower half of MN. No winter at all.
Ya we had over 36” on the ground for 8 days and lost all of it…. I was very fortunate to get out and ride four days… Last Friday it was 62 and we played golf …. That was a first for February..

No reason for it to come out at all. Even it does nothing its just along for the ride. Doesn't hurt anything.

At this point in the season I don't even want any snow. I'll go back to work the last week of Feb. and am hoping it doesn't snow the rest of the spring. Not only would it not last or do any good, it would just be an inconvenience at this point. I've been looking forward to and dreaming about motorcycle season lately. I'm not wigging about not turning a track, we've been thru this plenty before in southern MN.

The good thing is next fall is supposed to reverse the El Niño and bring a La Niña pattern to us or so NOOA is predicting.
Yes I also heard that late summer cooler than normal and early winter… We are due for a good winter as the last three were very mild here in the Michigan ….

I"ve ridden 1,400 miles this season so far and this kit was a waste of life and money. I put the kit in before I started the season and it may have been quieter for the 1st 50 miles but since has been loud and clanky like the rest.

I wonder why there isn't and outer o-ring with it. It seems like the grease is sneaking by. A secondary o-ring would solve the issues on inconsistent dimensions.

I had to press mine into place. There would have been little room for an o-ring. Green loctite is designed to take up any extra space and act as a filler and once cured, oil isn't getting past it.

In my case, the grease was squeezed out of the mating splines, back into the cavity of snub shaft.
As stated earlier by others as the motor spins it's going to push the grease outward not inward.

Have a report back from the clutch I recently rebuilt and added the knockout. After 600kms in Quebec he reports back that the clutch is very quiet. He's happy as he was surprised at how noisy the clutch was before this.
I know 600 isn't a lot yet, but so far so good.

Back