• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

lets see everyones apex

Re: Thunder racing.....questionable ?

alaskanbowtie said:
I have emailed them twice now in the past several weeks with NO response ! I don't know what the deal is but I'd keep this in mind ! Already I'm leary of there customer support, at least a short email if nothing. Seems kind of shitty if you ask me! The blower does look cool , wonder how it compares to the other version and not being intercooled does make a difference! Sure gives you the BLING BLING effect though. I suppose if there have been enough test miles logged and others can vouch for the dependability of the unit it would be worth looking into.....if the price was cheap. That Tunnel looks sick ripntear!!!! Can I get a link to the site and if you don't mind what do they cost ?
>>>
On a follow up I did reach them on the phone and they were at a show, hence the not emailing me back. Though it was weeks ago when I emailed the first time, must be a long show ? They said 4995.00 for blower alone about 5500.00 with guages and clutching to match. 9 lbs. boost equals 230 hp on 50/50 91 octanc & 110 race fuel . 15 lbs is what he calls stupid H.P. at over 300 h.p. on straight 110 with head shim. As far as dependability he said it goes forever basically, over 100,000 miles and this set up is considerably easier to install than the MPI version. Comes with it's own fuel control box for efi sleds and can be adjustable with a special blow off type valve set at what your wanting, i.e. adjustable boost similar to turbo. He said they can make pulleyes for any boost you'd like and can run 20lbs all day long on straight 110 with head shimmed for Gras drags etc. and not be any where close to over driving the blower? Perhaps some of you will understand what he means by it being super efficient , I don't quite , though suspect I understand the principal of what he means. I think the price is a bit steep personally when the others offer it with guage and an inner cooloer, pipeing etc. that this direct bolt on roots type blower won't have. I think if he was at the 3995.00 plus 500.00 for guages and cluthcing he would sell alot more of these units and the simplicity of it has it's advantages. If you've ever worked on small blocks and blowers you know the intercooler isn't a big deal ! The whine alone would be intimidating to anyone you pull up against....LOL . Having a two pulley kit would be nice, one for 6 lbs and another for 12 lbs , or if the blow off valve actually works as described keep the 14 lbs boost on and adjust asyou need it. He wasn't for sure how it would do with a stock engine 100 LL on any boost number because he hasn't had much experience with the blower and the Apex. This also brings dependability issue's into question, I'd like to see someone who's respected from the site to have one and log a few thousand miles on it for testing purposes and to verify how it compares, et etc. Looks promising though . :Rockon:

Attachments

• P1292791.JPG
    P1292791.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 171
  • P1292792.JPG
    P1292792.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 168

Paint Updates

Added a little color and lost a few decals. O.K. different is good! Still looking for Billet Wheels, like what Darko has. Check out those ski hoops! 8)

Attachments

• IMG_1412net.jpg
    IMG_1412net.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1421net.jpg
    IMG_1421net.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 207
sled

Nice sled turbo time i like the colours. so what all do you have done to it? keep the pics coming boys

Ok here is mine, and hope ya like

Attachments

• MVC-541S.JPG
    MVC-541S.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 210
  • MVC-544S.JPG
    MVC-544S.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 223
  • MVC-545S.JPG
    MVC-545S.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 215
  • MVC-543S.JPG
    MVC-543S.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 198
  • MVC-547S.JPG
    MVC-547S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 199
  • MVC-548S.JPG
    MVC-548S.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 185
Where'd you get the the black hood Apexnbhind? Paint yours, or trade?
Looks cool, I like black too....mis the stealth look of my old RX. 8)

Is that TJ's exhaust setup? How was the install, and have you ridden it yet?

SLEDS

Mine is in the shop getting some mcx added to it rite now. But she aint red anymore shes a blue one i traded my grandpa . so if you know of anyone wanting a red apex wih custom gas rack light weight batter and all the foam removed for 11000 obo canadian let me know... i get my sled back tuesday so ill take some pics then and im goign to take some pics of it all apart tomorow.
cheers

Re: Paint Updates

TurboTime said:
Added a little color and lost a few decals. O.K. different is good! Still looking for Billet Wheels, like what Darko has. Check out those ski hoops! 8)
>>>>
Turbo Time, you can get the wheels from Mountain Machines, life time warranty also !

Back