• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lets try this again

How many signed up for VIP membership

• Already did

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably will someday

• Doubt I ever will

• Total voters
Sled Dog said:
Tork said:
Sled Dog said:
Lets say you paid and entry fee to get into the bar which has a really good band playing. You meet VDW and want to dance, when you get to the dance floor you find you have to pay again to dance. Would that not make you feel like a bug on a toilet seat (pissed off)?

OK, now you are missing the point. You dont have to donate and you dont get ANYTHING for it other than the logo. So you dont HAVE to pay a second time for the dance.
Dont try to tell me that if the dance was a particularly good one that I could not give VDW a tip and that she could not give me a hug and a kiss because she appreciated the tip. :tg:

Exactly which is why I stated earlier it would be ok as long as there was no entry into another part of the board (dance floor). Donations are always given with nothing expected in return other than appreciation (VDW's kiss). We are on the same means of thinking my friend! ;)!

Donations get you a kiss from VDW...........PUCKER UP I'M 1st IN LINE.

2 B Serious 4 just 1 minute..............2 Recieve all of the Info off this site & the opportunities 4 TEST RIDES & Group Buys & Tech Support & Many More Great things. Just HOW do U put a VALUE on that, not to mention all of the Friendships made off this site. All of those so called OTHER SITES will never have what is RIGHT HERE, I know that & so do YOU GUYS that's Y we are here right NOW. Tork is FEELING what some of us are FEELING, the FEAR of this GREAT SITE VANISHING. Sled Dog; U R right as far as there will always be people lookinG 4 a FREE RIDE. I remember Tom telling Me this year at our TY Ride that he comes straight home & goes straight down stairs to log on.........4Hours. Don't we all?, I really don't know what it would take 2 get more people involved, But I know I would help any way I could if Tom thought he might need someone 2 help. I sure don't want 2 loose this site, if it was 2 come 2 that.

Enough said 4 me...............I'm still in line puckered up :tg:

Steve, what do you think of the logo/donation idea? You are more of a computer guy than me, how hard is it to get that stuck on? How can we help with it so it is not yet another task dumped on to Tom's shoulders?

Convert said:
I would hate to see this site dissappear because of the lack of funding buy stuff from the store, send donations, and sign up for the VIP bit everyone should do what they can if everyone on this site and TY gave $1 he would have enough to run it for a year. :o|

Glad you said this. I dont think you gave enough mention to the recent server upgrade and the cost of transfering the files over. He described that as costing "a buttload of cash" LOL.
Plus he works 4-6 hours a day on the site. And during the upgrade, he was practically going day after day without any sleep.

Tork said:
Sled Dog said:
We are on the same means of thinking my friend! ;)!

LOL I know! We always growl at each other on the way to getting to a better place. Then we have a laugh at the end of the day over a beer :D

You have to forgive my way of thinking. Usually I dont start off with a good complete plan on most things. I start out with fragments of it and with your help it evolves into something that may end up actually being a good idea LaLaLa

Hey thats what good conversation does it brings out new ideas be it yours or mine and gets to the meaning and understanding of something or someone and your right it evolves the conversation and the subject. :Rockon:

Tork said:
MrSled said:
Without me sitting down and showing everyone all the time I log and the amount of money it takes to run this site , one will never know...but I am not getting rich off this site and I never really plan to. I do this to help people...it is a great feeling when people look up to me and ask me all kinds of questions and value my opinions.....thats a life long feeling that will never go away....as well as all the great friends I have made from the web.....its really priceless.

Tom, I already feel I have a good understanding of you and this site.
All this is good to say because alot of guys dont comprehend all the work you do.
Let me ask you this How hard is it to do a simple photoshop on the same logo as the one I posted and stick it on the bottom of the left column below ones location? I dont have a clue how hard it would be to do that.
We could give it a shot. I could paypal a donation and we could see if it takes off.

I still think that's a good idea, possibly that might encourage more people 2 sign up.

Tork said:
Steve, what do you think of the logo/donation idea? You are more of a computer guy than me, how hard is it to get that stuck on? How can we help with it so it is not yet another task dumped on to Tom's shoulders?

Convert said:
I would hate to see this site dissappear because of the lack of funding buy stuff from the store, send donations, and sign up for the VIP bit everyone should do what they can if everyone on this site and TY gave $1 he would have enough to run it for a year. :o|

Glad you said this. I dont think you gave enough mention to the recent server upgrade and the cost of transfering the files over. He described that as costing "a buttload of cash" LOL.
Plus he works 4-6 hours a day on the site. And during the upgrade, he was practically going day after day without any sleep.

You are correct my friend i only touched at the costs of running a web site there are many things i did'nt mention somebody has to modify the code to give us all the features we ask for Tom does what he can but he is not a programmer if he gets in too deep he has to get help which can be expensive . Upgrading the RAM and setting the server up so we can all rest assured our data will be safe (RAID) was a major headache as well as being expensive. As much as we all would like to help the majority of what Tom does requires god rights to the server, it would be like giving the keys of your new ferarri to someone you hardly know. Tom has put a lot of his adult life into this and until the costs got out of hand never asked for a dime.
I like the Avitar idea as an incentive for donators. In fact i like any idea that will keep us up and running ;)! As for friendships this site has some of the nicest people i've ever met and i have made many many friends here. Most of which happen to be VIP members :D We have something great here guys let's keep it that way :rocks:
Tom if you stick your hand in the cookie jar and it's empty let me know, I'll find a few more dollars in the old lady's purse and send em your way 8)

Yes I always have a few spare cookies too! Just let us know or let Steve know he can round us up in no time.

Steve,
What I need to know is how hard is it to get the logo stuck on there.
If it involves hiring a programmer or a lot of hours to do,
forgetaboutit!!!!

By George i think ive got it :D

How about we all send Tom a Beer :drink: i mean every single one of us of course we don't want to ship glass incase it get's broken so just sent a couple of bucks instead and he can buy his favorite brand ;)! I can't imagine anyone that has spent any time on this site would'nt agree that buying him a beer would be an appropriate thankyou! There's almost 6000 users between the two sites could you imagine the refrigerator he would have to get if everone did this. The reality of it folks is that if everyone gave just a tiny bit everything would be cool and you would only be out the cost of a beer :o|

I don't want to speak for Tom he knows a lot more about this type database than i do, and i'm sure he will do it if at all possible. It may be as easy as adding one more field to the profile viewing window with a jpeg image in it. Then again it may require a whole lot of code changes I don't think so but Tom get's to answer that question ;)!

Steve,
Sorry for being a pushy little bish. Your PM was fine.
It is just that MrS is the type that could go way out of his way on something like this, go through too much effort and not even tell us.
I dont want that.

Tork, I may have an idea on how to add that pic as a donation only .....I will use your name as a test....work on that tonight... ;)!

I was so pissed-up & spending money like crazy one day & sent $35 to Tom too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys should see the goat I bought that day!!??

BR

Back