• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Loose front end

viper, I could understand everything being beat if it was a 4 wheeler that saw mud and sand.. but its a sled no mud or sand riding.. Ive had plenty of arctic cats and still would if they made a 4 stroke that wasnt ugly as hell and is almost as heavy as a small car, my 01 sno pro has all brass bushings in the suspension with heim (sp?) joints on the shocks, never have replaced anything on that sled. I was just expecting a brand new sled to last longer than a season

Cannondale what parts in the suspension did they switch to the steel bushings? Front or rear suspension? I got oilites in the front suspension, but the front skid shock in the rear suspension could use some thing else besides the plastic ones that are in there now.

Rear suspension.The lower pivot on front arm is now a steel bushing which is coated with a black DLC coating the coating prevents wear and rust and is some incredibly tough stuff.Cambuckets can be had with it on them and they can take a beating much worse than suspension can dish out.Expensive though.Moto I will look for the pics of them since I am sure I posted them somewhere here.Polaris and AC use these all over.

Is a pic here:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

Yeah I got all those parts already. I want to change the plastic spacer/bushing that are in the ends of the center shock of the rear suspension. Those didn't get replaced with the suspension upgrade when I broke my linkage.

I broke the linkage and then I broke the new H-Arm as well. Replacing it today under warranty. I fell like welding some gussets on there to make it stronger.

I may weld mine up for extra support this year too, as my sled is out of warranty in about a month. I had my linkage break the last ride of the season in spring of '08. They replaced my linkage over the summer and the updated parts lasted all of last season, but this season it won't be under warranty. I think though that having my suspension valved right finally last year helped out a lot. It doesn't bottom out all the time now and when it does it's a controlled bottoming, not a metal on metal crashing/klunking sound as before. Which I believe had put undue stress on the linkage and other suspension parts. Hopefully I won't have any issue this year after I send in my shocks for an oil change and new seals. Finally getting all these bugs worked out of this sled and it finally starting to become a nice reliable ride after three years of fixing the factory engineered bugs.

Motoman765 said:
I may weld mine up for extra support this year too, as my sled is out of warranty in about a month. I had my linkage break the last ride of the season in spring of '08. They replaced my linkage over the summer and the updated parts lasted all of last season, but this season it won't be under warranty. I think though that having my suspension valved right finally last year helped out a lot. It doesn't bottom out all the time now and when it does it's a controlled bottoming, not a metal on metal crashing/klunking sound as before. Which I believe had put undue stress on the linkage and other suspension parts. Hopefully I won't have any issue this year after I send in my shocks for an oil change and new seals. Finally getting all these bugs worked out of this sled and it finally starting to become a nice reliable ride after three years of fixing the factory engineered bugs.

Takes a bit of work, but definitely worth it.

Well I had three different places do it four different times over the last three seasons. The one that did it last that I'm the most happy with is Monster performance in upstate NY.

http://www.monsterperf.com/

Biggest improvement was the rebound dampening. It no longer skips side to side without warning. My compression is now set at 5 clicks in, instead of almost all the way in like before, which makes the rebound dampening even worse. "Yeah" no more pogo stick is what I thought after Ian at Monster valved it. (this is all on the rear suspension) Front were good and I just had to adjust them by the clickers.

2300 mi on mine and it needs all new bushings. for the 3rd time. i think ive had enough of the yamaha ones. time for somethin aftermarket

Motoman did you see the bushings I put in the pivot the center shock goes to?I completely filled that tube with bronze bushingexcept about 1/8" for grease fitting.Ulmer said he would make them if someone gives him dimensions.I didnt because I had it together already and it worked.Would you take measurements and get them to Ulmer?Filling the whole tube offers way more support to the shaft that goes through it.I bent both the stock and updated shaft.Once bushed never bent again.

Well I'll have to call him. If he's willing to make them I'll take my old ones out and send them to him. Also take any measurements of the shock eyelets and mounts in the suspension arms. Won't mind doing the same with the suspension arm like you did too Cannondale.

Awesome!Appreciate it.I found a pic of it.If I remember right stock it just had some cheap plastic bushings at both ends.

Attachments

• StrongerSuspension 001.jpg
    StrongerSuspension 001.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 57

Back