• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lost mid to top end power.

Seeing how I have two of these sleds I will be curious to find out what it is. When it get solved I'm going to bookmark this thread so if something happens I can go back and look at all the examples people have given out. If you were in Wisconsin I would bring an case of beer and my compression checker and a donor sled so we could swap out all the parts. Good luck !!

Seeing how I have two of these sleds I will be curious to find out what it is. When it get solved I'm going to bookmark this thread so if something happens I can go back and look at all the examples people have given out. If you were in Wisconsin I would bring an case of beer and my compression checker and a donor sled so we could swap out all the parts. Good luck !!
I do not live in Wisconsin. I live in Maine, lol. Will keep all of you guys updated when I work on it, and when I find out more about it.

I'll drink a beer with you! ;)!

Fuel pump issue?
Do not think it is that, but who knows. I have 3-4 more things to check when I get time to do so. I will post what I find out on here, to let you guys know how I made out. I might be getting it narrowed down. Thanks to all the help on this problem guys. Means a lot.

Ok, had a day to work on my sled. Just swapped out the coils with my brothers sled. Nothing changed, still the same. Going to try the carbs, and fuel pump next. After I try those the only thing left is compression, and exhaust.

Do these carbs still have the Hats like the 2smokes? If so I would clean those.
Been awhile since I've had a carb'd sled. ;)
Suck all the old fuel out of the tank and check that filter as well. Then fill with fresh juice.

Do these carbs still have the Hats like the 2smokes? If so I would clean those.
Been awhile since I've had a carb'd sled. ;)
Suck all the old fuel out of the tank and check that filter as well. Then fill with fresh juice.
I run the whole snowmobile dry in the summer of gas. And I did check the fuel filters, they are spotless. And it does have fresh gas in it. I was amazed when running it dry in the summer, how it sucks all the gas from the tank, and carbs. When I went to clean the carbs in the summer, there was no gas in the bowls. And what are the Hats? Not sure what that means.

2016-12-09 12.49.55.jpg
2016-12-09 13.18.09.jpg
2016-12-09 13.18.22.jpg
Well, here is it. Both of the sleds stripped down. I put my brothers sled's fuel pump on, and coils. That did not fix it. The only thing left is the carbs to swap. When I put my sled up on the jack, it does go up to 7,000 rpms and only hits a 100 on the speedo. Now my brothers goes 9,000 rpm or better on the jack, and does 135mph plus on the jack. So that gives you a comparison of the two sleds.

View attachment 123668 View attachment 123670 View attachment 123671 Well, here is it. Both of the sleds stripped down. I put my brothers sled's fuel pump on, and coils. That did not fix it. The only thing left is the carbs to swap. When I put my sled up on the jack, it does go up to 7,000 rpms and only hits a 100 on the speedo. Now my brothers goes 9,000 rpm or better on the jack, and does 135mph plus on the jack. So that gives you a comparison of the two sleds.

Also check the black caps on the top of the carbs for the slides make sure the seals are on and not ripped.

View attachment 123668 View attachment 123670 View attachment 123671 Well, here is it. Both of the sleds stripped down. I put my brothers sled's fuel pump on, and coils. That did not fix it. The only thing left is the carbs to swap. When I put my sled up on the jack, it does go up to 7,000 rpms and only hits a 100 on the speedo. Now my brothers goes 9,000 rpm or better on the jack, and does 135mph plus on the jack. So that gives you a comparison of the two sleds.

This picture looks all to familiar LOL ! My shop looked identical for 2 months. Just got them back together last week..

Try the ECU swap while your in there. Also check to make sure all the Carbs are opening fully and not out of sync.

Back