• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX 137 lack of transfer..Reasoning/Solution?

The bottom part of the rear sissor on the 137 can be moved forward .or,flip the forward spring blocks over ,or ,move the upper adj.wheels/arms down to the lower hole .

Heck I'm 230 and only get about a inch and a half set in. Had my shocks done by Fett, they gave me a heavier spring tried that no go. This will be great Travis.

13 129" and they played with rails also then. First ProCross was 128". Sled I had skid side by side with mine was a 13 F1100 LXR.

That's right... my memory... stand corrected 128....

I see no reason the bottom leg and stop can't move forward an inch?

Can even see difference in fische
upload_2017-12-3_7-37-55.png

Your measurements are done on a suspension that is tight against the top out nubs without rider even on 1. Therefore while the measurements you got are great. ( better than mine at 145) They are not normal. There should be a good 2 in static sag with no rider. This would put sled in a much more level stance instead of rear end high. Huge benefits everywhere but yes people freak out over a couple inches of Freeplay or as some say slop in suspension. Really it's supposed to be there and I believe Cat/Yamaha got rid of static sag because of public perception that it was a bad thing.[/QUOTE

In most of my past sleds, and this one also, one has to choose a suspension setting that allows for best ride without bottoming out. Damage to the suspension and my back occur when that is allowed. I do agree that more transfer would be nice, it would add to the fun factor when trying to lift skis over hills etc. but the ride my LTE gives is superb and I would not want to take any of that away. I do think that the rear torsion springs should allow for lighter settings though!

But anyways, it would be great if someone found a way to make more transfer, without having to use suspension on too loose of a setting, or without changing out shocks or springs. Coupled vs Uncoupled.

I do like what you said about the sled’s level stance. My model does that set on 1 all around but is too soft for all around riding. It would take a lot of shock and spring calibration and change out, to make that height machine take the bumps like it does when set on 2. Much like VX1R has done.

One member tried the hygear replacement and had gotten some satisfactory result.

I'm not sure how much difference it will make, the stock ltx has one more hole available on the straps. The hole is on the arm side.
I'm going to try it all the way out with blocks removed

Attachments

• IMG_6162.JPG
    IMG_6162.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 123
I bent my springs in a different location as per Hygear. I don't think bending them that far down the leg really helps. It made quite difference. If you are lighter, you may need to bend them further.
I actually bent another set on an older Cat yesterday for a heavier rider during a track swap I was doing. I bent them to be stiffer. Made a big difference in static ride height.
I really think moving the bottom of the scissors forward will really help transfer AND lighten the ride. We used to move the scissors all the time on the ZR chassis when I was riding Cats, it makes a big difference. If you look at an M10 that is what they are doing with the rear arm to fine tune the ride per rider weight.

SPRING, SUSPENSION - LEFT
2704-027

Arctic Cat

SPRING, SUSPENSION - RIGHT

2704-026
Arctic Cat
Due to the internet my attention span is quite short these days. Doesn’t this thread you reference here conclude that lighter torsion springs work or at least made a nice improvement? I see the Cat part # for one side what about the other?
Yes thats best compromise yet. Its what I have run since and what Sidewinder and all Vipers since 16 have stock. Still not low enough for me and like others said would hate to have to revalve shocks etc to get it. Hoping geometry change will avoid that. Just dont know. YET.

Ok guys.... the optional lighter spring in the past is now the stock spring we have ... yep the ones listed above.... because of the geometry... the optional light spring acts stiff.... off season ill be moving the scissor if nothing changes

Back