• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX Suspension settings only

Which sled Studroes? I think you still don't have enough preload. Is front light? See if it's in bottom of travel it will feel stiffer but adjustment is actually opposite what you would think. Go 3 full turns tighter and see. Can adjust from there.

This is on my viper. I'll give that a shot. I did have torsion springs both on #2, last ride out I turned them up because of rougher trails. Ended up putting them down to softest setting and that did seem to help a bit, nothing drastic but was somewhat noticeable.

This is on my viper. I'll give that a shot. I did have torsion springs both on #2, last ride out I turned them up because of rougher trails. Ended up putting them down to softest setting and that did seem to help a bit, nothing drastic but was somewhat noticeable.

Just checking to see if the additional 3 turns of pre-load worked for you Studroes144. I have a 2015 LTX SE that I am wanting to try the 160# spring on. I have Cannondale's revalve already and Curves and it turns REALLY hard right now with the stock spring turned up quite a bit too.

Just checking to see if the additional 3 turns of pre-load worked for you Studroes144. I have a 2015 LTX SE that I am wanting to try the 160# spring on. I have Cannondale's revalve already and Curves and it turns REALLY hard right now with the stock spring turned up quite a bit too.

I gave it two more turns of preload (3 turns total) and did 50 miles yesterday morning. Steering definitely got a bit easier, ride quality was still not good at all for me. I put another 2 turns on it and waiting to try it again. Did do a couple small loops in the back field today and it steers easier for sure, no bumps to try it out. Will report more when I can ride again.

The re-valve is the solution to the back buster worth the 150 Canadian bucks all day long!
Did mine yesterday and wow different sled for sure!!
The most smoothest ride I have had on any machine
I will try to post video I am a newbie!
Cheers

Just wondering where you got the shock re-valving done.
Tom

Ill post my impressions with my ltx se here as i am not okay with the set up i have now. Good god does the chassis soak up alot of the bumps but it can always be improved.

First off no transfer... Things i have done to try and resolve this are crank stock center shock, straps all the way out, plastic blocks of rear shaft (cant take shaft all the way out because i have big wheel kit).... Still not happy with this this and going to fix this. The ARCTICCAT SPRING maybe? opinions please

My set up are floats at 70, and i installed a fox zero pro x shock in the rear, compression and rebound adjustable, holy moly is this shock awesome and shines on tug hill, i left my springs on 1 the whole time (im 235 dressed). Yamaha think gorillas ride these things around ??? Yesterday tughill was like a snocross track, 3-4ft moguls later in the day, the best part about the rear shock was the early part of the day vs the later part of the day was 3 clicks and it solved my bottoming, that shock is Awesome.

I feel because the ltx is so (planted) in the front that i debating on pulling out my sway bar, i really had to muscle the sled to stop bucking side to side in the ruff stuff, i feel many others blame it on the fox floats but i rather blame it on the sway bar as the shocks were trying to do there job but i feel the sway bar was fighting it. Opinions .

Nonetheless, awesome sled and best riding yamaha to date, ergonomics are far from what yamaha usually puts on the table but you gain a little and give a little.

No Swaybar works awesome for real big slower speed moguls but really sucks for high speed trails. Dont remove it. Keep cranking that center shock spring up till you feel front get light or get a heavier center shock spring. 16 rear torsions from LTX will help. Does your rear shock have rebound? If so adjust it counter clockwise(Faster).

What center spring to go with is the real question?

And yes it does have rebound, I'll try it out.

What center spring to go with is the real question?

And yes it does have rebound, I'll try it out.
I know I've seen someone post on here about a Cat dual-rate center spring, but when I asked my dealer, they didn't know what I was talking about! I'm interested in trying one if i could find a part #.

I know I've seen someone post on here about a Cat dual-rate center spring, but when I asked my dealer, they didn't know what I was talking about! I'm interested in trying one if i could find a part #.
2704-229 is the one I liked. But I dont have any anymore and was told they are out of stock at Cat. Testing a spring from Bill Mohr(Stingray) now but have only hit MX track no trails. Love it so far but waiting for trail tests to endorse it myself.

2704-229 is the one I liked. But I dont have any anymore and was told they are out of stock at Cat. Testing a spring from Bill Mohr(Stingray) now but have only hit MX track no trails. Love it so far but waiting for trail tests to endorse it myself.

What's the spring rate on that one?

And I tried backing off my rebound (counter clock wise) thing rides like a dream!

Just got to get a center spring and think I'll be happy, gonna wait on your findings

And I tried backing off my rebound (counter clock wise) thing rides like a dream!

Just got to get a center spring and think I'll be happy, gonna wait on your findings
160# supposedly. Cat was listed as 160 also but dual rate and package said 160/260. Worked well for me but others found it too stiff.

Rebound should always be your first clicker adjustment since it affects compression also.

160# supposedly. Cat was listed as 160 also but dual rate and package said 160/260. Worked well for me but others found it too stiff.

I'm bottoming out my center shock pretty good and still not happy with how heavy the front feels so maybe I'll just try the cat spring

I'm bottoming out my center shock pretty good and still not happy with how heavy the front feels so maybe I'll just try the cat spring
Sure. They are inexpensive but where to get them. Let us know if you find one. Glad she is coming around for ya!

Back