• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My 2018 Apex 50th XTX

Nice looking sled. Do you have a link for the Rock Power Supply Feed?
:letsnow:

Thank you, I'll be ordering one.

;)!

I slid the controls over just a bit to allow the mounts to go between the grip. They fit great !!. Have to watch the amount of tilt on the throttle side as to not interfere. Wired in the LED guards without a switch or it would have needed to go direct to the battery to have them come on without the sled running. I wired it into the Rock Power Supply Feed that taps into the 12 volt accessory outlet. I wanted them to come on after the sled was started, like the head lights.

Got the kit like yours mounted on my sled, and all went well. Look great! Tapped into a wire that has power with the switch in the on position, which will be handy on the side of the trail at night to see and to be seen. I find the guards do scrub the top of the windy at full turn of the handlebars, and I have a 2.5" Lake Effect pivot riser on mine, so would have thought this would not be as big an issue over stock bar height. I find the mounts make the hand guards sit quite a distance from the grips, which doesn't help, they could have been an inch shorter imo, but they are universal so I suppose designed for worst case scenario.
I had the Powermadd Star Series guards on before and I was able to machine the mounts and drill new holes for bringing the guards closer to the grips to avoid scrubbing the windy. Also helped keep the wind off my hands being closer to the grips. The Sentinel guards are about 1" larger than the Star series in both directions, so this is a factor as well for interference.
Sled looks great, bring on the snow!

Suppose I should move the bear skin rug under it too. Maybe light the fireplace...
LMAO!! ;)!

All jokes aside, I'm interested in your feedback on the front shock technology. :sled1:

Got the kit like yours mounted on my sled, and all went well. Look great! Tapped into a wire that has power with the switch in the on position, which will be handy on the side of the trail at night to see and to be seen. I find the guards do scrub the top of the windy at full turn of the handlebars, and I have a 2.5" Lake Effect pivot riser on mine, so would have thought this would not be as big an issue over stock bar height. I find the mounts make the hand guards sit quite a distance from the grips, which doesn't help, they could have been an inch shorter imo, but they are universal so I suppose designed for worst case scenario.
I had the Powermadd Star Series guards on before and I was able to machine the mounts and drill new holes for bringing the guards closer to the grips to avoid scrubbing the windy. Also helped keep the wind off my hands being closer to the grips. The Sentinel guards are about 1" larger than the Star series in both directions, so this is a factor as well for interference.
Sled looks great, bring on the snow!

With our riser and tilted back slightly will also just touch the windshield at full turn in both directions but not enough to matter. They are pretty sharp looking guards.

They are pretty sharp looking guards.

That they are but with stock handwarmers sometimes you have to go with practicality and for that I like my Skinz heat-lok guards. Of course now having Rock's Yamaheater and thumb warmers , it makes that a moot point. Heck son had no problems with factory hand guards on 08 annv Nytro so if it wasn't for the fact that I had already got a set of the Skinz for my new XTX I could see a set of these on mine too.;)!

Well I think I have her ready for the trail. Frank the Tank set up the skis.. Curves with 6" Slim Jims.

View attachment 132266 View attachment 132267
How similar to the Dooleys are those carbides? Are the inside edges between the runners such that they will hold packed snow? { like ( ) instead of ) ( ?} I had the Dooleys on my sled for a season and they would pack full of ice/snow. It ended up causing a ton of drag and my fuel mileage went to $#!t.. It was like pushing a frozen 2x4 through the snow. They worked great in almost any conditions where the snow wouldn't pack very well though.

How similar to the Dooleys are those carbides? Are the inside edges between the runners such that they will hold packed snow? { like ( ) instead of ) ( ?} I had the Dooleys on my sled for a season and they would pack full of ice/snow. It ended up causing a ton of drag and my fuel mileage went to $#!t.. It was like pushing a frozen 2x4 through the snow. They worked great in almost any conditions where the snow wouldn't pack very well though.

Never had that happen but I have had them jamb a rock in it ... dude you know when there is something stuck in them. How would you know what its like to ride when you only ride 50 miles per year..LOL, go back to bed.

Back