• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My 2018 Apex 50th XTX

I should have figured it was Port Yamaha with the early availability of the 2018 Apex's. Hell, most times when ordering parts and they don't have them in stock, they can get them the next day. They are my main source for OEM parts and always tell Kevin one of these days I'm going to buy a sled from them because as you mentioned, their customer service is second to none. However, with them being over 8 hours away from me, it may not be feasible; Nelson's is about 3.5 hours away from me but were the only ones to offer that pricing as compared to some closer dealers. So, the wait will continue...:(

BTW, what's the air pump for?

Right on!! The air pump is for the new fancy rear shock. Set ride height and it also has compression and rebound control.

Is that an accessory item or does Yanaha include an air pump like they did with the Fox Floats on the Nytro (at least my 08 anniversary model had one included). Knew the 18 XTX had a new shock that was also offered to 2017 owners but did not realize it's air controlled via pump. Too bad they couldn't come out with an ride shock like Ski Doo or have an adjustment on the fly like the 08 anniversary Apex. May have to check out that pump option.

Is that an accessory item or does Yanaha include an air pump like they did with the Fox Floats on the Nytro (at least my 08 anniversary model had one included). Knew the 18 XTX had a new shock that was also offered to 2017 owners but did not realize it's air controlled via pump. Too bad they couldn't come out with an ride shock like Ski Doo or have an adjustment on the fly like the 08 anniversary Apex. May have to check out that pump option.

Pump was included in the sled purchase.

Tom: how did you find the Powermadd mounting kit to install? Where on the handlebars did you locate the mounts, beside the grips or another location? Did you wire the LED's up so you can turn them on without starting the sled? Thx for the feedback.

Tom: how did you find the Powermadd mounting kit to install? Where on the handlebars did you locate the mounts, beside the grips or another location? Did you wire the LED's up so you can turn them on without starting the sled? Thx for the feedback.

I slid the controls over just a bit to allow the mounts to go between the grip. They fit great !!. Have to watch the amount of tilt on the throttle side as to not interfere. Wired in the LED guards without a switch or it would have needed to go direct to the battery to have them come on without the sled running. I wired it into the Rock Power Supply Feed that taps into the 12 volt accessory outlet. I wanted them to come on after the sled was started, like the head lights.

Looks great Tom. Maybe someday I'll find one to go with my 40th nytro. Would be cool to have 40 & 50th with matching colours.

Tom....I just noticed this thread. Wow, I had no idea that you ordered a 50th Apex XT-X.

It figures that the very tan, wind in his long hair, six pack abs, trident wielding web master would own the latest and greatest Apex to ever hit the snow.

You've got all the bases covered with the SW and Apex in your stable.

I came oh so close to getting one for my wife after we sent our beloved Apex VX1-R's down the road this summer but decided on another SW over the 50th Apex XT-X for her ride this season.

Thanks for posting the pics with your mods and I hope you and Steph have a safe and awesome riding season this year.

Just remember....too much horsepower is just enough!

Tom....I just noticed this thread. Wow, I had no idea that you ordered a 50th Apex XT-X.

It figures that the very tan, wind in his long hair, six pack abs, trident wielding web master would own the latest and greatest Apex to ever hit the snow.

You've got all the bases covered with the SW and Apex in your stable.

I came oh so close to getting one for my wife after we sent our beloved Apex VX1-R's down the road this summer but decided on another SW over the 50th Apex XT-X for her ride this season.

Thanks for posting the pics with your mods and I hope you and Steph have a safe and awesome riding season this year.

LMAO.. You make me sounds like Fabio God like.. far from that..LOL

Make sure you post all your updates on the Wifes Sidewinder, we sure love your write ups. This will be Stephs sled basically, my 2013 had 8000 miles on it and it was time for a new Apex before we could not get one again. Why not, this may be collector and we have so many others to play on..LOL

9AFD46AF-2FBD-4E51-B07D-784F3DFC9C83.jpeg Here is a recent pic of our Mr.Sled

would like to know how well the I grips hold up and how well they work

Back