• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Battery (boring topic HUGE weight/$ savings)

I've been looking into lighter weight batteries to save weight too. The Ballistic made batteries seem like good ones. But does it really take 5 - 7 minutes of turning the key over and back to warm the battery up enough to start the sled, then wait another 5 minutes to let the sled get to temp? My riding buddies would kill me, lol! Also, is it true by using one of these I could be compromising my sled's ability to run after market add pm's, like my temp guage?

These lightweight batteries, are running at or above OEM specs.

The issue is merely they are different technology, which has different idiosyncrasies.....we are all real time learning those...

Most have not had issues at or below freezing temps....when things get below 0 (zero) Fahrenheit, none of us have much first hand knowledge, as verY few places in sled land have gotten there this year....

THe Five to seven min it took me to flash her Up would be rare for any were else. How many guys even get below 35 in the winter without a windchill? I hope not many :drink:

yukon yamaha said:
THe Five to seven min it took me to flash her Up would be rare for any were else. How many guys even get below 35 in the winter without a windchill? I hope not many :drink:

Said Differently...How many of us would ride in that temperature range? the answer for this camper is NOT me!!! :)

Dime, when you coming to the states to ride? you would have a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

we will have to recruit some others...I am fresh out of T-nytro's but am certain we could get a group together to have a great time!!

That would have been great. I'll let you know when we arrive. I am planning to build a new garage this summer, and i want one more Nytro in it. We'll see how things turn out. Its not free to travel from Norway to the US. :o|

Nice video, good demo...not a big deal to me...gonna do some same experiments this next week, with it heater on and heater off....just turning keys on etc.

Nice vid Beeze. I'm glad it starts. Wonder at -10F what it will take. Glad to see everyone testing it. I don't mind 5 minutes. Got plenty of other things to do while I wait. I'm definately hooking up a hand warmer circuit off the battery too. Just have to remember to make sure it's on a keyed wire so I don't kill the battery by forgetting to turn it off.

Otis

Back