• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Ecu flash for Yamaha Viper/Arctic cats 7000 w/POLL

Your experience with the December 2018 Viper ecu update

• Total voters
So if it comes to that it needs a starter I should stick with a Yamaha starter ?

There's been a lot of OEM starter failures so I have no problem going with aftermarket. In fact my Viper's starter was acting up this past season with hot starts so I'll be replacing it with an aftermarket before next winter.

There's been a lot of OEM starter failures so I have no problem going with aftermarket. In fact my Viper's starter was acting up this past season with hot starts so I'll be replacing it with an aftermarket before next winter.
Thanks..

I've actually heard a lot of good about aftermarket starters! Most of the guys that install them say they turn the motor much faster, and they are supposed to be much more affordable.
Thanks..

did a starter on a phazer. all we could get was aftermarket. yes it did turn the motor over faster when 1st installed. it failed just after its warrenty was up in that it would barely turn the motor over. put oe in it and have not had issue since.

did a starter on a phazer. all we could get was aftermarket. yes it did turn the motor over faster when 1st installed. it failed just after its warrenty was up in that it would barely turn the motor over. put oe in it and have not had issue since.

Which aftermarket starter failed? I've installed several starters from DB Electrical and haven't had any reports of failures yet.

we got it at royal distributing and i know they change suppliers quite a bit so not sure whose it was.

Has anyone had the 2020 or 2021 Viper flash installed in an older sled ? It is supposed to have more output and better hot and cold starting. Is this possible on a 15 7000 ? I don't think Cat would have this flash.

Has anyone had the 2020 or 2021 Viper flash installed in an older sled ? It is supposed to have more output and better hot and cold starting. Is this possible on a 15 7000 ? I don't think Cat would have this flash.

Wondering the same, I just got a 2014 7000 and I don't know what flash it has. I also read, if it aint broke dont fix it and mines running good and starting when it's hot so i'm going to leave it for now.

Back