• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Ecu flash for Yamaha Viper/Arctic cats 7000 w/POLL

Your experience with the December 2018 Viper ecu update

• Total voters
I emailed Yamaha Canada, and they replied right away and said there was no reflash. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

Have Patience. Its coming. Last time they rolled it out in Europe first if I remember right. Its a good thing. Remember the first 16 flash the speedo was off on most? They need to get this right the first and final time!

Ive got a buddy that runs the service dept at the local Cat dealer, I,ll have to check with him.

I havent had any real issues with the last one, occasional 2 start in morning, usually good for the rest of the day. Certainly no stalling or earth shattering kaboom backfires thank god!

Anyone ever feel like they have lost any power from the new tune?

I don't feel I lost any power from the last flash. That is when my starting issues started however. Anytime the temp gets to -5 or -10F it won't start. And the back fire almost blew me out of the trailer a couple of weeks ago. I look forward to this flash for sure.

I don't feel I lost any power from the last flash. That is when my starting issues started however. Anytime the temp gets to -5 or -10F it won't start. And the back fire almost blew me out of the trailer a couple of weeks ago. I look forward to this flash for sure.
I agree. Maybe even a little gain in power depending on if your modded or not. Stock should have seen better mpg and a little more snap at cruising range since they did lean it out a bit there from what I saw.

Hopefully someone can chime in on there experience with a 19 viper this season in severe cold startups.
Would give a good indication if Yamaha really has a handle on this ongoing issue for all pre 19 vipers.

Since IMHO... the 1049 is not in there future plans, hopefully Yamaha put some effort into correcting this for there current and future customers.

I agree. Maybe even a little gain in power depending on if your modded or not. Stock should have seen better mpg and a little more snap at cruising range since they did lean it out a bit there from what I saw.
Yes. Mine seemed a little more crisp on the throttle after the 2016 flash. My 2014 is stock except for a MBRP trail can. I'd be interested to see what the ignition timing curve looks like as mine runs really well once it gets a little bit of heat in the engine. On cold startup it really behaves as though the timing is severely retarded. Even if it doesn't happen to backfire through the exhaust, it really labors as its idling like an engine with late timing.

Just released this morning!
Screenshot (16).png

Just released this morning!View attachment 143942
Well; that is good news. I hope it improves things. I just phoned my dealer and they have it there but I can't get in until next Thursday to get it done. I'll update with results when I have a chance to ride it after that.
It would be nice if others report their results as well after the new flash.

Back