• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Ecu flash for Yamaha Viper/Arctic cats 7000 w/POLL

Your experience with the December 2018 Viper ecu update

• Total voters

IMG_1790.jpg

The dealer called me back and it goes in on Thursday!

Taking 3 Vipers in tomorrow for the new flash. Will get to test them out in 2 weeks.

PS...I had to help my dealer find the bulletin.

I called my dealer and he had no idea, he says how do you know all this before I do, I said two words, Totally Yamaha

I skipped the 16 flash because I was told by Pioneer Motorsports back in 2017 that this flash was coming. I've had sporadic start issues with the 15 flash and have waited long enough so the Viper will be going in for this one. I'm thinking they've had plenty of time to make improvements and possibly have finally resolved the issue or at least come closer to resolving it.

When they do the reflash is there a remote plug they connect to or do they take apart all the way to the ECU??

When they do the reflash is there a remote plug they connect to or do they take apart all the way to the ECU??
There's a plug next to the reverse actuator harness that is used for installing the flash.

Hopefully this works! My 18’ takes 2 tries but my 16’ always fires up

Back