• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Skinz (SPG) "Concept" Front Suspension

With the mods that I have done to mine and if I were to turbo mine my sled would be lighter than the cat and really not whole lot more invested. The nice thing about the cat is it is a factory turbo.

Then I start at another 14gs and mine is paid for.

I agree, climbed all over the new cats, almost did it. But decided like you mine is paid for. If I turbo mine, I will still have to get a extra sled, just cause of a few trips done every year. (excuse to buy a XTX) Which is still cheaper than a new cat.

I did order the Skinz Kit, still contemplating the MCX Turbo. Hyflyr almost has me talked into it.

akvector said:
With the mods that I have done to mine and if I were to turbo mine my sled would be lighter than the cat and really not whole lot more invested. The nice thing about the cat is it is a factory turbo.

Then I start at another 14gs and mine is paid for.

You'll want to add a 10 gallon Trail Tank to your list if you don't already have one. I'm pretty sure they produce a model that is compatible with a turbo. The nice thing about modding your Nytro is you can do is as budget allows so it's not $14,000 spent all at once. It's unfortunate that Cat didn't allow for demo rides so regular guys could try out the sled. But, I'd be really surprised if the Proclimb didn't outhandle and just plain work better than a modded Nytro. Still, everyone is different and they might prefer a modded Nytro. Reliability wise, I've got no complaints about my Nytro.

swelly check out the mpi promotion!!!

Akrider I will agree the cat will out handle the nytro but how much better?? Is It enough to jump ship?

For me Turbo and SPG kit is less in the short term.

I already do have the trail tank

Good question about handling, no one knows for sure. Plus you have 1st year issues with the Cat, while the Nytro is sorted out.

Easy decision to me if someone wants a brand new turbo sled. I'd go with Proclimb Cat. But, if you've already got a Nytro than I think a guy would be better modding their sled, turbo'd or not. Reason I think that is because snowmachines have bad resale and modded sleds are even worse. If a guy has customized their Nytro to the point it has a turbo, than modding the front end is not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things. Especially when a guy keeps the sled for several seasons as the cost of ownership is spread out over the years.

The Nytro chassis has a lot of good things going for it. The new Cat isn't much or any lighter. It sure would be interesting to ride a Nytro with the Skin front end and a non turbo Cat side by side on the same day.

OK, first off this thread went way askew...

Secondly - Cat.

The new cats handle almost exactly like the Nytro... only a bit more stable at the "tip over" point - because of their front suspension geometry. (living near Jackson has a few testing rewards... :jump: )

The new 800 is the bomb for back country, as the handling is superb, and the power is there - to the point of an 800 2smoke.

Their non-boosted 1100 handles just as well as the 2smoke, but lacks the power and torque of even a stock Nytro.

The boosted models have, again, the same handling, but a very "laggy" turbo setup that only makes good power when it is too late. I'm sure there will be upgrades to cover this issue, but again it dips into the wallet. (as a side note, if all you do is climb chutes, you will be elated!)

These new 4 stroke Cats are no better or worse than the OEM Nytro, save the HP issues on non-boosted models - plus, there are no available fixes yet, and the stock sleds cost a wad. (oh yeah... they are green too - yeeecchhh!)

If you already own a Nytro, buy the last part it will ever need for handling... it's way cheaper than a new skooter!

It's like anything, if you want it right, you have to do it yourself - and the new Cat's aren't any different!

This Skinz kit will put you beyond the new 4stroke Cat's in the long run... and your wife MAY not kick you out... ;)!

mtdream said:
big words there Moto....

Yeah... and from a little guy. woooooooooo......scary.

Thought I made it clear I don't have anything against the Kittys... It's just that you don't drag a new 4 stroke mountain sled outta the box and compete with the company that has had them for nearly an eternity. Time will tell.

Hope yers works out good enough for you that you never have to spend a dime on it...

HA!

Been on 'em. If they had produced 4 strokes first, I would be on them - and OFT would make CAT parts as a primary line. They have a lot of catching up to do, but it isn't insurmountable odds - they will be close sooner than the next brand.

Give me the perfect sled - out of the box - and I'll show you one (at least) pissed off aftermarket company.

I'll be glad to hand you yer hiney next year, although I'm sure it will be apples and oranges if you don't mod it.

MotoPsycho said:
mtdream said:
big words there Moto....

Yeah... and from a little guy. woooooooooo......scary.

Thought I made it clear I don't have anything against the Kittys... It's just that you don't drag a new 4 stroke mountain sled outta the box and compete with the company that has had them for nearly an eternity. Time will tell.

Hope yers works out good enough for you that you never have to spend a dime on it...

HA!

Been on 'em. If they had produced 4 strokes first, I would be on them - and OFT would make CAT parts as a primary line. They have a lot of catching up to do, but it isn't insurmountable odds - they will be close sooner than the next brand.

Give me the perfect sled - out of the box - and I'll show you one (at least) pissed off aftermarket company.

I'll be glad to hand you yer hiney next year, although I'm sure it will be apples and oranges if you don't mod it.

They have been producing 4 strokes for 5+ years...

I have been on them...dont bleed any colors, except the green from my wallet... :)

the only good news, is that your as confusing online as you are in person...

:)

I must say it is nice to see the two of you jabbing at each other again. It has been way too long.

You miss us over here yet Mtdream?

Just to pitch in my .02 bench racing I about our only option right now. Summer sure sucks but is a lot better to have some awesome parts on the way to keep you busy.

Back