• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New spring for Yamaha Secondary, no coil bind and better torsion

Quick question on setup...
2006 Apex with 136" ZX2, 144 (4-4-2) studded 1-1/4" ripsaw, Drag-n-fly weights w/black spring, 43/33 Advant-Edge Helix
With this setup and helix w/white @3-3, it's hitting 11-11.1 but never hitting the Rev limiter and amazing in the twisties (great back shift)
Would 3-1 be good enough, or should I go with 3-2?
How much RMP would drop going to 3-1 or even 3-0?
I'd ideal like to drop the RPM's, through the shift and peak at the end.
Thanks for any info you can give me to steering me in the right direction. Its looking like tonight and tomorrow will be the last riding for the year for me as weather is going to turn on Sun, so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to "test" too many variations this season

Last edited:

Quick question on setup...
2006 Apex with 136" ZX2, 144 (4-4-2) studded 1-1/4" ripsaw, Drag-n-fly weights w/black spring, 43/33 Advant-Edge Helix
With this setup and helix w/white @3-3, it's hitting 11-11.1 but never hitting the Rev limiter and amazing in the twisties (great back shift)
Would 3-1 be good enough, or should I go with 3-2?
How much RMP would drop going to 3-1 or even 3-0?
I'd ideal like to drop the RPM's, through the shift and peak at the end.
Thanks for any info you can give me to steering me in the right direction. Its looking like tonight and tomorrow will be the last riding for the year for me as weather is going to turn on Sun, so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to "test" too many variations this season

Incase anyone else was wondering, I tried the 3-1 out on the lake and it's damn near perfect. 3 long pulls reaching 3 digit speeds (which I never saw with the Yami White spring) both clutches were just warm to the touch and the helix was just cool. The ambient temp was -3C.
I think I'm just going to leave the setup it as-is and enjoy it!

Hey guys. Had my sidewinder with your heavy hitter kit and the orange primary spring and 250 eco with cold air kit from Td on my sidewinder. Weights are loaded as terry instructed over the phone. However I was running a 32/36 helix and had your orange spring wrapped 3/1. I decided to try 39/35 helix as I remember how hard it would pull last year with the initial helix angle up there to start (and back shifting was good too) but fell off because it was to steep on top. Question being should I be at 3/3 for this set up? I’m assuming that I should but figured I’d ask those with some more info lol.

Back