• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New spring for Yamaha Secondary, no coil bind and better torsion

*****Update on spring settings.....*****

Set your secondary at 2-3 and you should have less trouble with belts. This is for all Viper's, SW's, Apex's, Vectors, Nytro's and RX1's.

A few were saying that the spring was wrapped too tight and causing some issues with belts. Some have switched from 3-3 down to 2-3 and having better performance.

I will be calling Lonn today and informing him to update his customers.

Switch to 2-3 even if running a 8dn on a SW?

Switch to 2-3 even if running a 8dn on a SW?

Hi Kevin,

Think you were ok with the setting at 3-3 with no problems. Can you answer a couple questions?

How is your engine braking?
Any belt issues?

If you are good with 3-3, you can stick with that setting if you want. The post was made because some were having belt issues and lots of engine braking.

Hi Kevin,

Think you were ok with the setting at 3-3 with no problems. Can you answer a couple questions?

How is your engine braking?
Any belt issues?

If you are good with 3-3, you can stick with that setting if you want. The post was made because some were having belt issues and lots of engine braking.

I didn't notice anymore engine braking that last year
New 8DN belt with 280 miles on it, I will pull it off tonight and take a look
Pulls harder with this spring than it did last year

Are there any disadvantages to wrapping at 2-3? Or performance difference on the negative side? I haven't even tried mine yet (just had it installed at 3-3), but would rather be safe than sorry, especially since my next ride will be solo. The other issue is I'm not mechanically inclined (yeah, I know wrong sport to be in) and have to rely on someone else to change it. Would rather deal with that though, than blown belt by myself in the woods somewhere. I'm running 8JP btw.

Are the belts blowing with 3-3 wrap. What issues are people seeing with belts. Thanks.

Some are having blown belt problems. I started a poll in the Sidewinder topics, but there are so many clutching, flashing and belt variations. We are trying to pin-point issues and just make sure that everyone has great luck with the spring

I'll be watching. Bone stock S/W. Other than the orange spring and 33/35 helix. I have mine wrapped at 3-3. 300 miles on the sled and the belt looks like brand new. But I do feel like there is a lot of engine break. Only have my Doo 1200 to compare. But does seem to come to a stop quickly.

I'll be watching. Bone stock S/W. Other than the orange spring and 33/35 helix. I have mine wrapped at 3-3. 300 miles on the sled and the belt looks like brand new. But I do feel like there is a lot of engine break. Only have my Doo 1200 to compare. But does seem to come to a stop quickly.
You might want to clarify. TP makes an orange primary and secondary spring. I'm assuming you'r referring to the secondary.

Has anyone tested this spring with the COTC with stock viper? (BOP primary spring and shims). Should the Secondary still be shimmed with washers for 8DN belt while using this spring?

Back