• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

One ride for my dad on my sidewinder and he is hooked!

My dad has had a rough few years battling leukaemia. A year straight of chemo and he has it beat for now. He hasn't been able to ride his apex for a couple years until just recently. I spent last weekend riding with him and the trails were shot due to the high traffic in the north. He was struggling at 40-50km/h on his old apex in the rough going so I let him ride my winder for the weekend while I muscled the old apex through the whoops lol. He immediately went from struggling at 40-50km/h to riding at 80-90 km/h! The smile on his face when he first stopped was priceless!

He said it was effortless and he could ride all day. After riding the old Apex I was beat... At 72 years old he is going to pick up a low mile Sidewinder LTX-SE!

The highlight of my season seeing him smile ear to ear!View attachment 139437
That's Priceless,right there young man,Godbless him,cancer no matter what type it is,is so hard on everyone,but the person who is getting that chemo dose,well no more to say,its horrable,so glad he is doing good for now,i sure hope he has faith in Christ,because he can help so much.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys! It really was a special weekend. Life passes by so fast sometimes you lose touch with what is really important.
Amen,life does go by very quickly,awsome pic,i wish I could have had more time with my Dad too,to late now,but not for you brother. Take care.

Thank you so much for posting your memory. It will last a lifetime.

My dad has had a rough few years battling leukaemia. A year straight of chemo and he has it beat for now. He hasn't been able to ride his apex for a couple years until just recently. I spent last weekend riding with him and the trails were shot due to the high traffic in the north. He was struggling at 40-50km/h on his old apex in the rough going so I let him ride my winder for the weekend while I muscled the old apex through the whoops lol. He immediately went from struggling at 40-50km/h to riding at 80-90 km/h! The smile on his face when he first stopped was priceless!

He said it was effortless and he could ride all day. After riding the old Apex I was beat... At 72 years old he is going to pick up a low mile Sidewinder LTX-SE!

He's a lucky guy to have a son like you! Great post!

Nice to see both of you enjoying each other’s company and passion for the sport, and the great outdoors!

Hope you two get to do it again before it melts.

This is great! I have missed riding with my dad the last few years as he heads south, but recently sold his Florida condo and will ride again next year!! I’m so excited. I’ll have a new winder and he has his 05 vector I have a feeling the same thing will happen and I’ll horse the ole vec around while the new winder will be more back friendly to his beat up old body.

Thanks for posting love it!!

Edit. Sadly he has decided to hold off on the winder.

Last edited:
Dads new ride! The deal on the LTX-SE fell through so I found him this LE! Made an offer, it was accepted! Comes with a ton of extras too! Pretty pumped for the old man I must say.View attachment 139451
Wow,what a great deal,he will be super pumpted,you are an awesome son DMCturbo,hope the two of you can get out again this year,march is such a great month,long days and warm to boot.

Sidewinder=$17,000
Used Apex=$4000
Watching your dad smile after riding your $17,000 snowmobile=PRICELESS!

Giving your dad a $17,000 snowmobile to keep him smiling=BEST SON EVER!

Also a broke son, but we like your dad better now anyways so who cares. LOL

This is a great story! I too spent many years riding with my dad that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Dad hung it up when he was about 76 years old, he's now 81 and does ride a couple Grizzly 4 wheelers.

I too have witnessed Leukemia for my father in law dealt with it for 11-12 years. He had more than one round of chemo in that time. He passed at 82 about 5 years ago. Cancer SUX!!

There is no doubt the SW in the ProCross rides much better. Though the Apex motor is still as sweet as they come for a N/A 4 stroke, I think it's just too big and heavy to incorporate in these newer rider forward chassis's of today.

Great moment for you and your Dad. Glad to hear he’s in a better state of mind.

Back