• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pilot 6.9 ski's installed

If you are getting darting or heavy steering.... You have too much ski pressure and You still need to adjust your suspension...

Anyone know the torque ft lbs for the ski bolt - nut

Finally got the 5.7 pilots on for a ride and wow what a difference, turned on a dime in comparison to tuners. Buddy was pissed when I turned a 360 in the parking with one hand and he had to to a 5 point turn with the tuners. He made me an offer on my 6.9s but I said no. Wouldnt you know it, I decided to install the 5.7's instead of the 6.9s I have, we drive to Ville Marie and ran to Val-D'or and wouldnt you know it... 12-18" of powder.
What a fun ride, on Thursday did not see one sled to Val-D'or only 2 groomers, broke frresh and groomed trail almost the whole way, and on the way back saw 5 sleds, much of it was then groomed firm and flew back. Installed new belts on both machines before the trip and at 250 miles, both machines belts shattered within 1/4mile of each other.

Dan, thanks for posting on Ville Marie, it reminded me how awesome the trails in Quebec are when Ontario is a bust. Hadn't been there for 10 years.

Attachments

• Sidewinders Quebec April5-18.jpg
    Sidewinders Quebec April5-18.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Has anyone installed the Navigator by Woodys and give an opinion on this
Thanks

I ran the navigator most of the season along with a set of Deuce bars on my 6.9's, mostly to protect the front of the ski with the terrible winter we had. Ran it a bit last season on the shaper bar too. Works well to protect front of ski from wear, don't expect too much for darting elimination, it does help slight bit for that but not a cure for darting.

Ran my 5.7R single keel skis with Aggressive Snowtrackers in the UP in the good snow, then went to the above combo when back home. Like the Navigator with Deuce bar on the Yamaha, hated that combo on the Doo as was too hard to turn darted and pushed. They push some on the Yamaha, but livable and no darting works well on the Winder and steers easy. Funny what works well on the Doo is visa versa on the Winder and what I hated on the Doo works well on the Winder.

I hear that Mike.....I fight opposite issue with this procross chassie, then we did with the DOO. I have such light steering effort with this sled in comparison to my doo, I end up with more spring pressure up front to get decent bite. Even with the 8" executive carbides. Maybe the shaper would help with this, but I hate the crazy prices that shapers have gone to. Might check out the ACE woodies next, to see if their shape may bite abit better then the round bar.

Id love to get more bite, so I could lower my front end abit more. Im sure it had alot to do with the soft/pushy conditions we had all winter too.

Thanks for info on Navigator, I had wondered about that item.

Dan

Thanks as well Mike
I know reading through these 45 pages the snowtrackers were never apparently tried but wondering if you just happened to try them as i know you’ve been a fan of them in the past.

Thanks as well Mike
I know reading through these 45 pages the snowtrackers were never apparently tried but wondering if you just happened to try them as i know you’ve been a fan of them in the past.

Ran the Trackers on the 5.7 Race ski for 700 miles in the UP. The issue I had up there was they wanted to push in the corner and then grab and lift the inside ski. I could have corrected that by loosening the ski shock spring and allowing more initial roll to transfer more weight to the outside ski as well as lower the front end some. I just didn't take the time to loosen the ski springs as it was good enough the way it was really. I know it would work, but coming back home to crappy conditions, I wanted to try the Deuce bars on the winder to see how they worked there. Turns out I actually like the Deuce on the Winder with the Navigators to protect the skis. The Shaper is my all time fave single regular carbide, but dart too much, so was hoping to make the Deuce bars work. Glad they did.

The Winder just steers so much easier and handles better than the Doo's, that anything that does not dart and I'm happy. The Doo was so temperamental when it came to carbides. I had to use Snowtrackers on it to get the aggressive enough and steer easier. The Winder is a dreamboat for easy steering compared to the Doo, even with added ski pressure, and the BOP MPS arms on top of it, make it steer even easier yet!

Thanks as well Mike

My bud put the new Snowtrackers designed for the Tuner skis on his stock sled. No studs or adjustments from when he rolled it off the floor.
I can tell you they were amazing!
They were equal or even better then my Curves with Slim Jims. 5 different riders from all makes agreed it was one of the best turning sleds in the group that included an 850, E-tec, Rush & Apexes from '07 to '12 and my 'Winder.
They are $250 and last for 10,000 miles plus while staying sharp.
Considering i have over $700 into my Curves, these Snowtrackers are worth the investment.

Pilot race here shimmed with 7.5 shapers. Zero darting on or off the throttle. Can ride with one hand. Ski toe and alignment is critical.

My bud put the new Snowtrackers designed for the Tuner skis on his stock sled. No studs or adjustments from when he rolled it off the floor.
I can tell you they were amazing!
They were equal or even better then my Curves with Slim Jims. 5 different riders from all makes agreed it was one of the best turning sleds in the group that included an 850, E-tec, Rush & Apexes from '07 to '12 and my 'Winder.
They are $250 and last for 10,000 miles plus while staying sharp.
Considering i have over $700 into my Curves, these Snowtrackers are worth the investment.
I have not had this experience with the new designed snowtrackers on my tuner skis. I must be doing something wrong with the adjustment. I mean they go where you point them but they are heavy as all get out. I am a huge ST fan I cant get them to work on this sled.

I have not had this experience with the new designed snowtrackers on my tuner skis. I must be doing something wrong with the adjustment. I mean they go where you point them but they are heavy as all get out. I am a huge ST fan I cant get them to work on this sled.

Didn't anyone tell you the sidewinder doesn't have powersteering? All them years of the EPS apex have spoiled you! Ha

Back