• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pilot 6.9 ski's installed

so who can shine a pic of these raceworks blocks,and why are they so much better than stock blocks for max transfer and min transfer and how pricy are they?
Here you go

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 347

Just ordered 6.9 pilots for my BTX LE the stock skis suck on hard pack ice they push like crazy, great off trail hoping the pilots are the real deal!

Got my 1200 dialed in really good now, but the SW turbo power is just so good. We demo'd several turbos at Bracebridge Yamaha Saturday locally, and man it was a great event. Tons of interest there for sure. Even got to try a BTX with mountain seat and that is nicer IMO for softness and i love the snubby look too. Will be an RTX for me as ive always been a 129 guy, but I was impressed with the base shocks on the SE. I could live with those no doubt, and the SE window IMO looks great and has a lip, and is perfect height for me. Ive always run low windows as long as I can tuck enough behind them for radar.

I think its inevitable that I get back onto a turbo....I wanted to watch this season since the 12 cat left such a bad taste in my mouth, and it sure looks like Yammie took the reigns and the redesign with wonderful 998 is all we always wanted in a reliable turbo. Not sure exactly when, but there is no doubt on the "if" anymore. ;)

Got my 1200 dialed in really good now, but the SW turbo power is just so good. We demo'd several turbos at Bracebridge Yamaha Saturday locally, and man it was a great event. Tons of interest there for sure. Even got to try a BTX with mountain seat and that is nicer IMO for softness and i love the snubby look too. Will be an RTX for me as ive always been a 129 guy, but I was impressed with the base shocks on the SE. I could live with those no doubt, and the SE window IMO looks great and has a lip, and is perfect height for me. Ive always run low windows as long as I can tuck enough behind them for radar.

I think its inevitable that I get back onto a turbo....I wanted to watch this season since the 12 cat left such a bad taste in my mouth, and it sure looks like Yammie took the reigns and the redesign with wonderful 998 is all we always wanted in a reliable turbo. Not sure exactly when, but there is no doubt on the "if" anymore. ;)

over on dootalk your a gaa gaa over a 850, lol, you buying both

over on dootalk your a gaa gaa over a 850, lol, you buying both
I have yet to read anything about Dan being gaa gaa over any 850 on Dootalk . He only just rode one the other day and he never reported his feelings about it on DT.

just poking a little fun, no need to get butt hurt
No butt hurt here I was just trying to remember if he ever did say he liked the 850 or not. I know there are lots of guys who like them but I think they are just trying to convince themselves that Doo doesn't need a turbo 4 stroke when they have such an awesome 2 stroke.

No butt hurt here I was just trying to remember if he ever did say he liked the 850 or not. I know there are lots of guys who like them but I think they are just trying to convince themselves that Doo doesn't need a turbo 4 stroke when they have such an awesome 2 stroke.

be interesting to see if that 850 has any longivty in it once it has miles on it, i'd never buy another 2 stroke again

Just to be clear, I did want to give the 850 its full recognition, as so many guys were raving about it. But after some time on the 850 sunday evening, I walked away with very little i liked about it. It was no faster then my 1200(modded of course) and reminded me far too much of my etec(which blew up).

I did not dare go back into that thread in the 850 forum and post that I did not like it. I seem to have too many internet trolls following me around already thinking they know better for me then I do.

The SW has had me thinking about the hard top end pull for a week now, and the demo rides proved even more to me that I could live with one as a trail sled and not just a lake racer. So im no longer torn on what direction I want to go as I look forward to my next ride.

I love my 1200 in every way, now with the mods and clutching dialed it even is stronger then 800s down bottom...and running same GPS speeds as my etec8 did with ease. But it will never run 120, nor did my etec nor will a 850 IMO. So SW is "whats next" for me. (Doos "whats next is what matters" 2017 sales campaign --- Does not apply to guys who want to run big speeds, that's what matters to me) LOL

Dan

Last edited:
be interesting to see if that 850 has any longivty in it once it has miles on it, i'd never buy another 2 stroke again
The only 2 stroke I will ever buy is a chainsaw. Even my weed wacker is a 4 stroke. I'm thinking Dan won't go back to a throw away 2 stroke again. The 2 strokes are still too sensitive to fuel quality and they still use lots of oil if you run them hard.

Just to be clear, I did want to give the 850 its full recognition, as so many guys were raving about it. But after some time on the 850 sunday evening, I walked away with very little i liked about it. It was no faster then my 1200(modded of course) and reminded me far too much of my etec(which blew up).

I did not dare go back into that thread in the 850 forum and post that I did not like it. I seem to have too many internet trolls following me around already thinking they know better for me then I do.

The SW has had me thinking about the hard top end pull for a week now, and the demo rides proved even more to me that I could live with one as a trail sled and not just a lake racer. So im no longer torn on what direction I want to go as I look forward to my next ride.

I love my 1200 in every way, now with the mods and clutching dialed it even is stronger then 800s down bottom...and running same GPS speeds as my etec8 did with ease. But it will never run 120, nor did my etec nor will a 850 IMO. So SW is "whats next" for me. (Doos "whats next is what matters" 2017 sales campaign --- Does not apply to guys who want to run big speeds) LOL

Dan

ya don't go against the doo crowd, lol
i'm thinking hard on the SW also, like my modded 1200 but am bored of it and want something new, if i buy another 1200 it would have to have Martins full turbo deal, to me thats way to much money invested , so the SW is perfect, just a simple flash and clutching and i'd be happy
i wish i hadn't missed the demo rides at Bracebridge

i'm thinking hard on the SW also, like my modded 1200 but am bored of it and want something new, if i buy another 1200 it would have to have Martins full turbo deal, to me thats way to much money invested , so the SW is perfect, just a simple flash and clutching and i'd be happy
Don't worry about it Dan will let you ride his as soon as he goes to pick it up.

Scotty I was looking for ya....we saw so many old faces there thought for sure you two might be there.

Norm has been needling me to go with Martin's Precision motec 1 stock compression setup on my 4tec. He just is gaga over his new XS setup that Brian built. It is the real deal and VERY fast!

At that point of 9500ca dollars, you are married to that sled IMO (unless you just wipe arse with 100s like some spoiled kids online) and will have to keep that sled for some time. Its not a bad investment but surely a steep one. ZERO warranty and lots of tinkering likely.

With SW i can trade mine in for MUCH LESS and have a new sled, with warranty(maybe even 5 yr) and then have a base sled to either run stock, or tweak up each season to make it more fun. I actually like the quiet stock SW alot, its not like my 12 cat that NEEDED a muffler to wake it up, this stock SW is a blast. Just seems to make the most sense.

The demos were a blast, Dano loved the SW too, we rode many versions! I posted pics in Ontario section of DT.

Tom lets everyone try his SW , so lets meet up for a ride sometime and try it! Also we can see how our 1200s work against eachothers....lol

Dan

Back