• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Precision EFI vs Hurricane SS tune

jaydaniels

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder RTX
So, I currently have the stock muffler Precision EFI 30hp tune. Has plenty of pull up top for me but I find it lacking down low. I’m thinking on going with the Performance Muffler 50 or 80 hp Precision EFI but also looking at Hurricane. Does anyone have any first hand experience on how the PM Precision tunes compare to Hurricane on the bottom end. Do the Precision Tunes spool as aggressively down low?

What’s 30, 50, or 80 HP mean? Is that the amount of HP above stock levels those numbers are referring to?

Hurricane tunes have great bottom end...and I have the SM tunes. No poochieness with Hurricane imo.

Yes the 30, 50, 80 refers to the increase over stock. Thanks for the info.

What’s 30, 50, or 80 HP mean? Is that the amount of HP above stock levels those numbers are referring to?

Hurricane tunes have great bottom end...and I have the SM tunes. No poochieness with Hurricane imo.

Can't speak for the Hurricane tunes, but I have the Precision bundle and ran my all last weekend on the stage 2 tune with high traction mode. Could not hook it up from a dead or rolling stop most of the time. When it did I felt it pulled hard. Mileage was about exactly the same as my friends stock 900 Ace turbo renegade.

Happy you get the same mpg as the 900T with a tune? My dad gets 18mpg with his 900T. I get 14mpg with my stick Winder if I'm not on it all the time

The Precision EFI Multimap comes with 3 traction control settings...low, med and high traction. This is basically a timer built into the ECU to hold boost back for a specific amount of time from launch, all adjustable on the dash reflash. Also has launch control (studder button)where you can adjust the launch boost levels. This is standard on the multi map bundle.

From my experience, the Hurricane SS Flash has a quicker holeshot, perhaps from the increased spool time.

Ok now what's the comparison between Hurricane and TD for the hole shot? Which rips better/spools up quicker?

I know at like 5k rpm on 270 ss sm tune I'm at 4psi just cruising. But cannot judge for never ridden td tune sled

Ok now what's the comparison between Hurricane and TD for the hole shot? Which rips better/spools up quicker?
Hurricanes tunes last year were the quickest spooling and the new ss tunes are right now, haven't heard of td improving theirs yet so i would say hurricane all the way.

Happy you get the same mpg as the 900T with a tune? My dad gets 18mpg with his 900T. I get 14mpg with my stick Winder if I'm not on it all the time
My friends 900 T is all stock. And we ran nose to tail for over 500 miles in 2 days. Every time we filled up we were within 2 tenths of a gallon of each other. Did not bother to check the actual mileage.

We are very fortunate that we have these Tuners developing and selling tunes for the Sidewinder and Tcats with the 998 turbos. I am running Hurricane stuff and my friend is running a Precision tune, we are both very happy. In our area we have also seen TD tuned sleds that performed very well. Pick your poison...its all good.:)

Back