• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear suspension sagging?

I thought it was odd when we picked it up. But wasn't too worried as it has never been out on the snow. And jumping on it in the shop is in no way a good test of the suspension, I didn't think much of it. But when I had the chance to sit on two other LTX sidewinders and look at their suspension I figured something was not correct. They do not sit on the couple blocks at all like mine. They have a good amount of smooth easy travel before hitting the blocks. Both of these other sidewinders do not have the 2020 front ends.

Make sure the spring retainers are installed correctly, which is up. Some sleds have come with the spring on the bottom side.
This is the correct way they should be.

22546.jpeg

Our 2020 LTX-GT started out just fine, around 1,200 miles I noticed it was sitting lower on the trail then my 17 SW LTX-LE. By 1,600 miles it was less than a half inch off the transfer blocks empty, on them with a rider. As I previously posted, we double checked the mounting, friction points, both shocks and it was the torsion springs. My wife is 160# so we didn’t want the HD fat boy springs. My dealer suggested the hi-lift springs which have 10 degree more coil but are the same diameter of the originals. Once those were installed, problem solved. We put another 1,100 miles on these and they worked fantastic. Great ride and absolutely no sag. She’s a happy rider.

My wife’s 2020 LTX-GT had the same problem last month. The dealer replaced the rear QS3 pulled and inspected the front rear shock. (No problem) That did not solve the problem, so they ordered new springs. Once installed problem solved. We put in spring # SMA-8JP47-71. Supposed to be a 10 degree more twist in the coil for additional lift. Original diameter. Have put over 1,200 miles on it since then. Working perfectly, no more sag.
I tried the Star 5 position cam at 5 , and still sags , and seems bouncy when riding .

My wife’s 2020 LTX-GT had the same problem last month. The dealer replaced the rear QS3 pulled and inspected the front rear shock. (No problem) That did not solve the problem, so they ordered new springs. Once installed problem solved. We put in spring # SMA-8JP47-71. Supposed to be a 10 degree more twist in the coil for additional lift. Original diameter. Have put over 1,200 miles on it since then. Working perfectly, no more sag.
That spring is from a 600 Transporter.

I just checking the parts diagram here in Canada and it shows 8JX-G7474-00-00 —
8JX-G7473-00-00 for 2020 ltx gt which are different then srx parts numbers. Srx shows same part numbers as you listed.

I just checking the parts diagram here in Canada and it shows 8JX-G7474-00-00 —
8JX-G7473-00-00 for 2020 ltx gt which are different then srx parts numbers. Srx shows same part numbers as you listed.
Yes sorry. So to get a higher rate spring the Transporter spring is probably your best bet but I have not compared them.

And the srx spring is $160 compared to the ltx spring which is $90

I still think adjusting your ski springs softer will have favorable results unless it is actually bottoming while riding. Personally I like alot of sag which is why I bought the SRX springs but whole different skid on mine.

Back