• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Relax! Yamaha is not lying Down.

Whats the head on that?

I miss my viper with speedwerx pipes. 23000 kms of 9000 rpm before a rod bearing went. lol

Megapower Head, SRX pipes & CDI box with a Bender can. I had CPR’s on it but the SRX pipes are better all around pipes IMO.

Megapower Head, SRX pipes & CDI box. I had CPR’s on it but the SRX pipes are better all around pipes IMO.

Nice, I had speedwerx pipes on mine. First race it would be the same speed as buddies Srxs, second race once the pipes were hot I could walk any SRX with it. It was the only sled in our group that would run neck and neck with my brothers Yamacharged apex at the time. The heelclicker clutching worked magic on those sleds. Too bad heelclicker weights dont last at all on the 4 stroke triples or I would still run them

Nice, I had speedwerx pipes on mine. First race it would be the same speed as buddies Srxs, second race once the pipes were hot I could walk any SRX with it. It was the only sled in our group that would run neck and neck with my brothers Yamacharged apex at the time. The heelclicker clutching worked magic on those sleds. Too bad heelclicker weights dont last at all on the 4 stroke triples or I would still run them
Yes the Clickers were awsome! I had Hitters then Clickers and finally the 8BU’s. Yea buying new weights every year was getting ridiculous.

The Clickers wore out the flipper pin on my viper, now I guess they flatten out on the 4S?
:dunno:

Last edited:
They wear out on the 3 cylinder four stroke. The more power, the quicker they wear out. It sucks cause they work great.
The 2 cylinder and 4 cylinder four strokes dont have issues.

Well said Biffdog , if they really gave a hoot they would not have let it get this sour , dealers are closing ,writings on the wall.

This article is BS. If Yamaha had any part in engineering on these sleds then there should have been a few major things fixed. For example the chain case. There has been a lot of people that have had to rebuild their cases because a simple screw backs out and destroys everything. How about oil changes? Lets make it a major pain in the #*$&@ and a huge mess. If this article was true then I would think Yamaha would have done something about this to make it much easier to change the oil. How about tunnels bending on longer track machines? I have seen people bend them from driving down the trail. THAT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!!!!!! Again if this article was true and Yamaha engineering had any part in these sleds then they should have addressed that. Maybe its just me but all these issues seem to be related to Cat unless Yamaha engineering has really taking a down turn.

This article is BS. If Yamaha had any part in engineering on these sleds then there should have been a few major things fixed. For example the chain case. There has been a lot of people that have had to rebuild their cases because a simple screw backs out and destroys everything. How about oil changes? Lets make it a major pain in the #*$&@ and a huge mess. If this article was true then I would think Yamaha would have done something about this to make it much easier to change the oil. How about tunnels bending on longer track machines? I have seen people bend them from driving down the trail. THAT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!!!!!! Again if this article was true and Yamaha engineering had any part in these sleds then they should have addressed that. Maybe its just me but all these issues seem to be related to Cat unless Yamaha engineering has really taking a down turn.

Absolutely!!
The chassis is 100% Cat and the engine is 100% Yamaha.
They just dropped a Yamaha motor into a cat chassis.

Quoted from Stupidtrax
“The fact is, many of the features you’ve seen on Arctic Cats were initiated by Yamaha. Things like engine electronics, gauges and switchgear - even suspension designs and features were either approved or developed in complete co-operation with Yamaha.”

FACT IS, Yamaha designed exactly ZERO of the suspension! They changed the shocks, big deal. Actually Cat has always had a better shock calibration than Yamaha so?

Reality is Yamaha has fixed practically none of the issues relating to reliability with the procross chassis. Why? Because it forces most people to buy a new sled every couple of years....
STUPIDTRAX!

Absolutely!!
The chassis is 100% Cat and the engine is 100% Yamaha.
They just dropped a Yamaha motor into a cat chassis.

Quoted from Stupidtrax
“The fact is, many of the features you’ve seen on Arctic Cats were initiated by Yamaha. Things like engine electronics, gauges and switchgear - even suspension designs and features were either approved or developed in complete co-operation with Yamaha.”

FACT IS, Yamaha designed exactly ZERO of the suspension! They changed the shocks, big deal. Actually Cat has always had a better shock calibration than Yamaha so?

Reality is Yamaha has fixed practically none of the issues relating to reliability with the procross chassis. Why? Because it forces most people to buy a new sled every couple of years....
STUPIDTRAX!
It's Cats engine.

Exactly, if you read the article, it was about the "Yamaha 2 stroke" which is not 60, 70 or 80% arctic cat, but actually 100% arctic cat.

Quoted from Stupidtraks
“The fact is, many of the features you’ve seen on Arctic Cats were initiated by Yamaha. Things like engine electronics, gauges and switchgear - even suspension designs and features were either approved or developed in complete co-operation with Yamaha”

You guys are splitting hairs,

You guys read
“Features you’ve seen “
As in the past...

If Yamaha sells a cat motor snowmobile with cat chassis, it’s official, they are dead too me as a snowmobile manufacturer.

Who do you think helped cat with there 2 strokes(600's)?ask CR

Back