• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Removing exhaust

The through bolts came out hard and removed some material. I chased the threads and installed 3 studs. 8 mm x 1.25. Put some anti seize on the other bolts.

Anyone else have a hard time removing the exhaust bolts?

You need a ball end Torx (T50) to avoid any issues (as a couple of the bolts need to be taken at an angle...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of the 6, 1 came out normal, 2 stripped on the way out(I had to apply outward pressure as I unscrewed them), 2 broke and I had to cut one as it seized half the way out. I couldn't turn it back in either. WTF. Tried penetrant and heat. No luck. So now I have 3 to drill out and 2 to retap. Not very happy especially when it's on the turbo.

And to top it all off I couldn't outrun my buddy on his 09 1200 doo. Not too freakin happy right now!

Last edited:
do not use ball end unless top quality like maatco or snap on...an easier way is to remove the bit from a socket and use it in a box end wrench...fits in the tight area perfect

...interesting - it worked fine for me. The same way the Yama Techs take em off (ball end torx). Get'em off however you can I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And to top it all off I couldn't outrun my buddy on his 09 doo 1200. Not too freakin happy right now.
Wait, the 1200 is 130HP stock. Add a header and muffler and you're at around 150HP. Something doesn't add up here. And replace those stock bolts with hex head bolts.

Wait, the 1200 is 130HP stock. Add a header and muffler and you're at around 150HP. Something doesn't add up here. And replace those stock bolts with hex head bolts.
My modded NA nytro will beat a 1200 and my sidewinder plays with the nytro something really doesn't add up?

Back