• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rode with a guy with the new Cat Z1 4 stroke

I like it better where it is, down south! LOL! Our sledding season is finally over as the sea ice melted and is currently breaking up. This is a very interesting thread, so it will be even more interesting once there has been an actual comparison on snow.

RX-E

RX-Eskimo - Your sledding season is one to envy LOL, just finished.... I tought I was living in the far north in the arctica, not so, you have been sledding for 2 months more than I did this year. Have a nice summer with lots of fishing and hunting. We'll have a look at the AC when the snow flies. :) rxrider

Thanks rxrider...It was not too much fun the last week though, as all that meltwater caused some issues with some of our fellow sledders. Oh, you sure need wet gear as well since the water splashes everywhere.

RX-E

I had seen all the Articat stuff at a show in June or something and while not trying to be closed minded I found myself disliking many things about them. For one of all the adjustable components, I feel the only one that won't break is poossibly the handlebars. Which in all honesty will, if the ridder doesn't propperly tighten them. I think the adjustable concept is great and I give them much credit for doing it. I just think that the current design will not hold up to agessive trail riders.

I beleive that a better concept would be to engineer the sled so that the steering post and seat and any other need be adjustable components are mounted in a way that facilitates a block or shim-pack change that would change the angle, height, whatever. I believe that many would rather spend a day or two trying different positions; pick their preference and leave it. This would minimise any weight gain to that of the necessary aluminum block. A kit could be included with the sled for free or X amount of dollars; once you find your prefence you return the unused blocks/shims and get a reimbursment for the components. Low cost, low weight, durability and adjustabilty. All it would take is some engineering on the manufactures part to make the system work. Would it be as easy as fliping a lever, no, but I would much rather have a solid feel than say, "yeah it's a little loose but I can adjust it so I guess I have to accept it."

I honestly think that Yamaha could own the market with this concept. Adjustable ride position that actually holds up to the agressive riders.
Would it take time and wrenching, of course isn't that part of the sport. Think about the concept, a custom/semi-custom sled for every rider.

Sorry for the long post but I feel that this is the answer to the ergo differences between riders.

RX-E[/quote]

Has this years sledding season started for you yet? :)[/quote]

Hi, actually, we get three months break, July, August and September. The snow falls in September but never enough to sled on until more snow falls. Snowmobile season starts for some people when there is only two inches on the ground. Me, I like at least four inches due to my track...

RX-E

RX-E,

Tell me something, Is there any tourism in the Nunavut area? Like sled rentals, guides, lodging??

I am always looking for new areas to ride and this area has alway intrigued me.

Thanks in advance for the info,
Keith M.

Back