• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Secondary belt adjuster and belt remover

XP123

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder XTX LE 137
I see there are a few choices out there and was wondering what is everybody using and what you like. I was thinking about the one Thunder Products has and also the one OSP offers. They are priced the same but are a bit different. Thoughts?

Weird, I just had bumped the OSP thread and asked some questions....But I cannot see that thread now, and it wont come in search. Did it get removed?

Im looking too Joe.... Ill post the same 3 pics I did in other thread....

We got OSP, Hurricane, and Thunder.

What I notice is OSP is only one with what looks to be a plastic spacer, so helix should not get chewed up at all. I recall they removed the thin washer altogether as it was messing up threads on the alum body over time. But I think the long allen bolt that is used to change belts, was sanded at the tip so it does not hurt the black plastic anymore when using it.

I tend to like OSP best, for those reasons....And not too mention I designed the original, and OSP Jim approached me back in 2012 and mass produced it as we collaborated on final design. Great guy, very sorry to hear Jim passed recently.

Pics of all 3....darn near all same price, but many are having sales! Im waiting for the sale!

OSP
OSP Belt adjuster.jpg

Hurricane
Hurricane belt adjuster.jpg

Thunder Products
Thunder belt adjuster.jpg

Just spoke to OSP....No sale currently, apparently they just had a labor day sale which I never saw posted here at all. Grrrr

He did tell me they typically have one on holidays. So likely black Friday will get one as many of the perf shops do.

No rush...just fun to get all the goodies now.

Just spoke to OSP....No sale currently, apparently they just had a labor day sale which I never saw posted here at all. Grrrr

He did tell me they typically have one on holidays. So likely black Friday will get one as many of the perf shops do.

No rush...just fun to get all the goodies now.
Keep me posted on what you get Dan. I like the idea of the plastic spacer because I heard that the other designs chew up the helix.

Keep me posted on what you get Dan. I like the idea of the plastic spacer because I heard that the other designs chew up the helix.
Get the OSP. First thing I bought, best thing I got.

Keep tabs on the OSP site, and I will try to as well....

He sounded pretty confident about black friday sale, as that has become a big sale day for sled parts...perfect timing too right before winter. So if its does not happen sooner, end of Nov we should get that sale.

I think TD also ran that last fall among others. I just need to wait with some patience, but that is difficult for me! ha

I bought the Thunder Products belt adjustor. Easy to install and works great.

Weird, I just had bumped the OSP thread and asked some questions....But I cannot see that thread now, and it wont come in search. Did it get removed?

Im looking too Joe.... Ill post the same 3 pics I did in other thread....

We got OSP, Hurricane, and Thunder.

What I notice is OSP is only one with what looks to be a plastic spacer, so helix should not get chewed up at all. I recall they removed the thin washer altogether as it was messing up threads on the alum body over time. But I think the long allen bolt that is used to change belts, was sanded at the tip so it does not hurt the black plastic anymore when using it.

I tend to like OSP best, for those reasons....And not too mention I designed the original, and OSP Jim approached me back in 2012 and mass produced it as we collaborated on final design. Great guy, very sorry to hear Jim passed recently.

Pics of all 3....darn near all same price, but many are having sales! Im waiting for the sale!

OSP
View attachment 130054

Hurricane
View attachment 130055

Thunder Products
View attachment 130056
I think OSP is no longer a site sponsor so that is probably why its gone. I saw Mr. Sled has posted they are no longer a sponsor on a different thread yesterday>

Last edited:
I just need to wait with some patience, but that is difficult for me! ha
Amen I am in the same boat as you Dan I want so desperately to run my winder stock first before I do any upgrades but I am weak when it comes to patients when it come to the sled. I spend all day at a computer and I see lots of thinks I want for my sled. (is also how I invested 12,000 in add ons on my last sled too.) I would challenge you to a contest for who holds out the longest but I would have to bet against myself lol.

I bought the Thunder Products belt adjustor. Easy to install and works great.
I was wondering, if you remove that...How does the edge of the helix look? I just wonder if the alum adjuster hitting the helix over and over ends up messing the edge all up, or is it a non issue?

I believe that is why OSP designed in the large black spacer as its a material that wont marr up the alum edge of helix.

Dan

I think OSP is longer a site sponsor so that is probably why its gone. I saw Mr. Sled has posted they are no longer a sponsor on a different thread yesterday>
Ahh, ok that makes sense....I first thought I was losing my mind and dementia was kicking in! lol

Yeah I can see if they are no longer sponsor. I wonder if maybe it has anything to do with Jim passing. Sad

Amen I am in the same boat as you Dan I want so desperately to run my winder stock first before I do any upgrades but I am weak when it comes to patients when it come to the sled. I spend all day at a computer and I see lots of thinks I want for my sled. (is also how I invested 12,000 in add ons on my last sled too.) I would challenge you to a contest for who holds out the longest but I would have to bet against myself lol.
LOL.....you and I and likely anyone else on this site this early before season starts...haha

Riding it stock means so much more to me the last 4 sleds or so....before that though, nothing could stop me from all the mods before it ever had one mile on it. Now I really like to get a feel for it.

I think that is the coolest part about these turbos vs a typical 2s. With the 2s sleds, not really much to do for big gains. Just a few small clutching items is norm, but not gonna change a 2s all that much. With the turbos, and being able to add 50hp easily, its like a completely NEW sled. Its like going from a 600 to an 800, or a nytro to a apex...ect ect.

So now you can love it season ONE, and then love it season TWO as it will feel NEW again with tons more power.....Hard to wait though til season two! haha

I was wondering, if you remove that...How does the edge of the helix look? I just wonder if the alum adjuster hitting the helix over and over ends up messing the edge all up, or is it a non issue?

I believe that is why OSP designed in the large black spacer as its a material that wont marr up the alum edge of helix.

Dan
I was thinking I like the TP one because you can use the belt remover without changing the belt height adjustment. The OSP you have to loosen the adjuster and turn it to remove the belt and then reset the adjustment after. I was thinking all the TP adjuster needs is a glide washer between the adjuster and helix like the Doo adjuster has. Then when you turn the bolt in to open the secondary it will hit against the washer rather than the helix. Maybe it does have a washer? I haven't seen one up close to tell.

On my OSP you don't loosen the collar to remove the belt.
You leave the adjustment alone.

On my OSP you don't loosen the collar to remove the belt.
You leave the adjustment alone.
Does it have a way to open the secondary without having to push and turn it? The TP and hurricane have a bolt that screws in to open the secondary just like the Ski Doos. I don't see that with the OSP.

Back