• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder SRX Gearing

Migster

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Sidewinder SRX
So i bought a brand new SRX because i live for top speed and live infront of a lake, its almost all I do and i like being the fastest. Does anybody know the true top speed of a stock Sidewinder on GPS (short track) with less paddle on track . Ill probably be looking to add a bit of top speed once it's broken in. What would be the best gearing for it. My goal is atleast 130 mph. I hear guys clutching and gearing sidewinders and go faster. So which gear and is clutching necessary? Thanks. Also how many studs is recommended to get good traction but not lose to much top speed.

Looks like ill be using 22/41 which should get me above 130 mph. Not sure what the best stud pattern would be. Im figuring 144 if i dont want to lose to much top speed

Looks like ill be using 22/41 which should get me above 130 mph. Not sure what the best stud pattern would be. Im figuring 144 if i dont want to lose to much top speed
Well when we ran 1" stock tracks,we would always run 1.175 for good hook up,and top speed,but we were not trying to hook up 200 plus hp 650 lb sleds,at full bump height,like said,so many factors involved,do you plan on clean ice,mostly? Sled slammed? Drag race,or rolling start? WO full length of lake race,or 2000 feet or less? What other sleds do you plan on running,some hook and book,but don't have tall legs. Your stock broken in srx may break 120 gps on good hard snow,but will be better capable of that speed on ice than snow. My sons stock ltx-se 137 w/144 down the middle,are 1.45 height on a 1.25 track,and on hard snow he has seen 120 maybe 122 speedo,but not gps,all my speeds are gps,and I am not stock,on any trail with lose snow,you will struggle to make 120 gps with 255-265 hp on trail,unles the trail is a mile long. If snow is hard as nails,its cold out,your clutched and geared correctly for your hp,some have seen 125 or better,but its rare,unless you are on max 17 tune or better,and still conditions and distance mean everything.

Well when we ran 1" stock tracks,we would always run 1.175 for good hook up,and top speed,but we were not trying to hook up 200 plus hp 650 lb sleds,at full bump height,like said,so many factors involved,do you plan on clean ice,mostly? Sled slammed? Drag race,or rolling start? WO full length of lake race,or 2000 feet or less? What other sleds do you plan on running,some hook and book,but don't have tall legs. Your stock broken in srx may break 120 gps on good hard snow,but will be better capable of that speed on ice than snow. My sons stock ltx-se 137 w/144 down the middle,are 1.45 height on a 1.25 track,and on hard snow he has seen 120 maybe 122 speedo,but not gps,all my speeds are gps,and I am not stock,on any trail with lose snow,you will struggle to make 120 gps with 255-265 hp on trail,unles the trail is a mile long. If snow is hard as nails,its cold out,your clutched and geared correctly for your hp,some have seen 125 or better,but its rare,unless you are on max 17 tune or better,and still conditions and distance mean everything.

Hey snowbeast, im not planning to drop it or go on drags competition. Maybe just for fun. And i dont ride in trails, mostly all lakes. After its broken in ill probably clutch it and put a taller gear. Ill be using 1.175 for sure.

Hey snowbeast, im not planning to drop it or go on drags competition. Maybe just for fun. And i dont ride in trails, mostly all lakes. After its broken in ill probably clutch it and put a taller gear. Ill be using 1.175 for sure.
Sounds like a plan,it should be a good runner,if you read some of rockerdans posts,you will like them,he has a very good running 129 like yours,but it has the stock 1.25 that came on it for 17.

Sounds like a plan,it should be a good runner,if you read some of rockerdans posts,you will like them,he has a very good running 129 like yours,but it has the stock 1.25 that came on it for 17.
Ill check it out for sure

Back