• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder trail gas range.

No offence but that’s impossible lol.. 160km and your gauge is reading half tank, something is up with your gauge.
The gauge may have been 10 feet away from dropping to 1/4 tank !
It seems to jump , like the float is getting hung up at the same spots regularily, or tank sloshing is confusing the gauge .

I did 11.5 in Groton,VT last weekend.
I was also testing so i sincerely think 12 or 13 riding my style is realistic

If you ever cross paths with a white/blue SW with a white windshield in Vermont, be sure to wave.

The gauge may have been 10 feet away from dropping to 1/4 tank !
It seems to jump , like the float is getting hung up at the same spots regularily, or tank sloshing is confusing the gauge .

My gage has become inconsistent this year. I now set a trip meter.

If you ever cross paths with a white/blue SW with a white windshield in Vermont, be sure to wave.

Wave?
I'm gonna turn around, run you down, pull you over and maybe, just maybe give you a fist bump.

Handshakes & Hugs are out do to COVID 19

I've had a couple sidewinders now and they are 120-135mile max on fuel. If alot or WOP it's less . Cant say much on if its tuned but I know my max 16 is definitely harder on fuel than when it was stock. Maybe I'm harder on the throttle but definitely worse on fuel. And top end speed isn't what I thought it would be. Very similar to my eco trail I had. I am not impressed by any means. How does the 240 hurricane tunes perform & fuel mileage???

I've had a couple sidewinders now and they are 120-135mile max on fuel. If alot or WOP it's less . Cant say much on if its tuned but I know my max 16 is definitely harder on fuel than when it was stock. Maybe I'm harder on the throttle but definitely worse on fuel. And top end speed isn't what I thought it would be. Very similar to my eco trail I had. I am not impressed by any means. How does the 240 hurricane tunes perform & fuel mileage???

Probably because you are running out of gear with both tunes.

MPG's with Max16 is no better or worse than stock on my sled.

My 17 Ltd le geared 22/41 with eco trail would go 125-126mph
My 2020 Ltx le geared 21/41 bone stock 120mph.
I added max spool 16 with 22/41 this year and best so far 120mph!!!! And definitely worse on fuel

got about 11 mpg with my sidewinder 2 up..wife on and saddlebags full with gear..I was just curious when I got to the gas station...lets face it, the last thing to budget on is mpg in this sport...its not an issue except for having enough to get to the next station...I suppose I could try to get better mileage but I do like the performance..

Lmao
got about 11 mpg with my sidewinder 2 up..wife on and saddlebags full with gear..I was just curious when I got to the gas station...lets face it, the last thing to budget on is mpg in this sport...its not an issue except for having enough to get to the next station...I suppose I could try to get better mileage but I do like the performance..
You are on point there my friend !

I don't care about spending money on gas.

It's range I'm more concerned about.

Mooser17, I assumed you had stock gearing. My bad.

My stock geared RTX runs 125 on the speedo with max16. It wouldn't go much over 116 stock.

I don't care about spending money on gas.

It's range I'm more concerned about.

Mooser17, I assumed you had stock gearing. My bad.

My stock geared RTX runs 125 on the speedo with max16. It wouldn't go much over 116 stock.
yes, the sled is stock except I had GSE power steering added and a few other convenience items added. It's important to have some kind of baseline for MPG I agree..nobody wants to run out for sure. Joe

At 2200 km on my 21 srx , found my sled that has bundle tune 240- 270 -300 is best on 300 . 1 inch track is definitely a better set up for high speed fast trails . Sled is super smooth and quiet at 100 mph plus , big improvement over my 50 th 2018 . Im way better fuel mileage than 21 VR1 850. last stop on weekend I was 25 $ & he was 32 $ . Dave really hit the set up on the tunes . Sled is super fast my old 18 I could only get 115 in a hay field set distance, the srx hits 120 . I'm guessing the sled will do a easy 125 on ice or road .

Last season myself and 3 buddies all had the same set ups hurricane performance muffler tune bundle 3 bar ...
2 with 24/50 gears (cat and yamaha)
1 22/41 gears yamaha
1 21/38 gears cat
all 4 of us got over 220km(136 +miles) out of our tanks on part of our trip but we did take it easy.

Last edited:
No offence but that’s impossible lol.. 160km and your gauge is reading half tank, something is up with your gauge.

I thought the same thing but when I fueled the sled up with my battery pump and 5 gallon jerry can I badly overfilled the tank as it only took @ 4 imp gallons or 18 litres and I had left it as I thought it would take the whole can at least.
I rode 115 miles yesterday on hard pack icy trails at a more normal pace and I had 1/3 of tank left on the gage. All the other sleds in our group had their low fuel lights on for the last bit of our ride.
One thing I have noticed is that my sled seems to be running a bit higher engine temp this year over last season. It is probably running a bit leaner at @ 14:1 cruising and I also have completely changed my clutch setup up from performance/racing to trail cruising and it runs at a lower rpm going down the trail all combining for higher temps.

Back