• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski's

Apex Dave

Lifetime Member
Ok, I know this subject has been brought up in the past but wondering if any of you have tried the Curve XS skis or if anyone has tried the new split skis.
Looking for a little feedback on them as I am thinking about upgrading. I know there are many others out there and I have tried the Simmons skis and they were pretty good but seemed tougher to steer. Starting to show the signs of aging by getting tendenitous in the elbows. So looking for those skis that might perhaps be a little easier to steer and also take the darting out as well. I currently use the stock skis with Stud Boy duallies and have almost 6,000 miles on them and they still look great.
EPS will be the next thing I start looking at on the next anniversary sled.

Try a set of snow trackers. Zero darting I find them fairly easy 2 steer. They r very aggressive in the corners, like on rails.

Also the arrow ski is money well spent,
Very easy steering but handles like no other,
I can't believe the difference, zero dart,
The split skis are the same as the arrow ski which is pattend,
The snowtrackers also work really good, but I think the
Arrow is a better bet for a all around ski,
If you decide to go with the arrow ski you won't believe how
The sled changes it's handling chararistics for the better...
I couldn't believe it..

I just went through this.

I have the 09 MTX and it almost beat me into submission on the first 2 rides - 15 miles of trail in and out nothing but darting and hunting other ruts.

My old Mountain Max's never had this trouble on the trail!

I read a lot about new skis and even see a few guys here running Simmons on Nytros and Phazers. They seem to slide around the corners if I let them pass but not too bad of a drift. Reminds me of my karting days.

After hours of research and a few quick draw online purchases, I decided to call Bergstrom Skegs. Scott sent me a set of shims and ski savers but they did not arrive for my 3rd ride on Saturday.

Desperate for a more controlled ride on the monster, I kept the stock carbides and used some leftover trailer rubber mat material for a shim (1/4") and with the help of adjusting the rear spring cam to H (hard? or heavy? for my "fat a$$" - not sure ;)) per my local shop.

The ride is so much better now, I can actually ride at speed one handed on a busy saturday rutted trail. It is still not perfect but I expect further improvement when I go to the 3/8" shims from Bergstrom and his Ski savers.

I have a set of new Slim Jims 6" but may not use them and I have a set of Dartless plates on order that also may be a back up for ambitious days on the trail.

Just my 2 cents on this. I was impressed with the simple and $0.00 cost of the fix - if you don't count my other purchases now on hold.

I figure I saved close to $1000.00 in test parts and am now much more comfortable on the beast with a rock wall on one side and shear drop off and/or trees on the other.

Love that kick in the a$$ power!!!!!

Apex Dave said:
Ok, I know this subject has been brought up in the past but wondering if any of you have tried the Curve XS skis or if anyone has tried the new split skis.
Looking for a little feedback on them as I am thinking about upgrading. I know there are many others out there and I have tried the Simmons skis and they were pretty good but seemed tougher to steer. Starting to show the signs of aging by getting tendenitous in the elbows. So looking for those skis that might perhaps be a little easier to steer and also take the darting out as well. I currently use the stock skis with Stud Boy duallies and have almost 6,000 miles on them and they still look great.
EPS will be the next thing I start looking at on the next anniversary sled.

I had the Curve skis on my 07 Attak GT that I recently sold. I really liked them. So much that I took them of the sled and will put them on my 11 Apex XTX. They are wider which helps with floatation. They are a very positive steering ski also. I did get a slight amount of darting, but Curve now as a leading edge piece that is suposed to eliminate darting. I have the leading edge part on order and the skis will be on my 11 for my Michigan trip in a couple of weeks. In addition, they are one of the nicest looking skis out there.

BETHEVIPER is a very smart man....

Search his post on the arrow ski on ty and you will see why they are so good of a ski for the yamaha

I have tried so many skis and other gadgets nothing compares to the Arrow ski (that's why it's called the Arrow Ski) true straight line tracking...

Do the Curves!

I just put on the Curves with the Leading Edge and they are simply awesome. One of my buddies that I ride with has the Simmons GenII skis on his turbo Switchback, he took mine for a ride with the new skis and even he couldn't believe the difference in handling. He's actually thinking about buying the Leading Edges to mount on his Simmons. Great product and the company is top notch (great guys and very helpful). I just got 24" of snow Sunday into Monday here at home, and I'm dying to be out on my sled, but the damn thing is 250 miles away up at camp! :o| :o| :o|

I had aset on 08 nytro and put them on a 09 apex gt . They handle great a little hard at first to turn but adjusted a little and they are great. You can't go wrong with the guys at curve will help anyway they can .

ctp1528 said:
I had aset on 08 nytro and put them on a 09 apex gt . They handle great a little hard at first to turn but adjusted a little and they are great. You can't go wrong with the guys at curve will help anyway they can .

What exactly did you adjust?

CURVE XS'S!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm gettin old and the sled is just gettin faster, just like Sean said. Keep the fox floats low pressure, or the arms level when you sit on it and just freakin paste it..it WILL go where you want with no darting. Awesome skis. Love em. Wish I could get tires for my car as good......lol.

Back