• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Solid Bogey Wheel Replacement

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 Yamaha Sidewinder X-TX LE 141
Doing some pre-season maintenance on my '19 XTX LE and I've found the new rear wheels Yamaha installed on the 2019+ models are pretty cheap (OK, they're stupidly cheap). Has anyone found solid bogey wheels similar to what Ski-Doo and Polaris use on their snowmobiles (specifically the X-RS models)?

Doing some pre-season maintenance on my '19 XTX LE and I've found the new rear wheels Yamaha installed on the 2019+ models are pretty cheap (OK, they're stupidly cheap). Has anyone found solid bogey wheels similar to what Ski-Doo and Polaris use on their snowmobiles (specifically the X-RS models)?

Get rid of that stock junk, and get the whole new HD axle and solid bogies with quality bearings that J&T Products offers for this chassis. Really high quality and high performance set up for that whole rear axle.

Get rid of that stock junk, and get the whole new HD axle and solid bogies with quality bearings that J&T Products offers for this chassis. Really high quality and high performance set up for that whole rear axle.

That is one of the options I've been considering. Since I'm stupidly anal, I am looking for all the wheels in the rear suspension to match, which is why I'm looking for a solid wheel to replace everything with. I've also been doing the math on Yamaha's new solid rear axle released on the 2019 models. It's a legitimate solid axle and I can get every part I need - minus the wheels - for less than $80, which includes parts I can reuse from my rear wheels (only saving more). It's hard to justify the $250 plus for the J&T kit when I haven't heard of the Yamaha axle failing, just the wheels.

That is one of the options I've been considering. Since I'm stupidly anal, I am looking for all the wheels in the rear suspension to match, which is why I'm looking for a solid wheel to replace everything with. I've also been doing the math on Yamaha's new solid rear axle released on the 2019 models. It's a legitimate solid axle and I can get every part I need - minus the wheels - for less than $80, which includes parts I can reuse from my rear wheels (only saving more). It's hard to justify the $250 plus for the J&T kit when I haven't heard of the Yamaha axle failing, just the wheels.

Joe.... you have a 137, and those come with the spoked wheels with the J&T kits. It was the 129’s(like I have) that came with the solid style wheels, and I at first wasn’t crazy about that solid style that mine came with. I’ve since gotten used to it and now ok with the look. But your 137 would come with spoked wheels if you ordered a J&T kit.

Kit is Way better/stronger than the stock set up all around. Can’t go wrong imo!!

Joe.... you have a 137, and those come with the spoked wheels with the J&T kits. It was the 129’s(like I have) that came with the solid style wheels, and I at first wasn’t crazy about that solid style that mine came with. I’ve since gotten used to it and now ok with the look. But your 137 would come with spoked wheels if you ordered a J&T kit.

Kit is Way better/stronger than the stock set up all around. Can’t go wrong imo!!

'19 XTX LE is the updated version and final year of the 141" skid. I have the spoked style solid wheels, but only on the inside of the rails (similar to the much loved Tri-Hub) and they're thin plastic without any rubber. I just find it hard to justify $250 when there's an updated version from Yamaha that's been pretty bulletproof so far.

Call J&T...maybe they’ll sell you the wheels they use for their kits....??? They’re spoked, and are a very good quality wheel..heavyweight/thick /sturdy and have rubber on them to boot! Might be just what you’re looking for?

The problem with the stock 2019-20 wheels other than there the crappiest wheel ever made is the bearing is much thinner than the heavy duty bearing we use that have the wide bearings. That is why the JT kit has the longer axle. And comes with aluminum spacers. Also the adjuster bolt will not push on the axle shaft and booger it up. It is $30 off the list price of $270 for a little while longer. The 137 wheels are open spoked like winter wolf says.Same wheels as the pic below.

www.jtatv.com

I’m in the same boat man. All 6 of my bogie wheels are toast. Rear axle wheels don’t look much better.
Looking for another option for all of them so I don’t have to replace them all every year

This is more what I'm looking for. Solid wheels similar to what Ski-Doo puts on the XRS- spec package. A much better wheel than stock and won't ice and freeze up like I've had happen in the past.

Ski-Doo-MZX-XRS-Suspension-blocks.jpg 20150107022605823.jpg

This is more what I'm looking for. Solid wheels similar to what Ski-Doo puts on the XRS- spec package. A much better wheel than stock and won't ice and freeze up like I've had happen in the past.

View attachment 149255 View attachment 149256
I would not even think to put something that ugly on my sled. The JT kit will most likely outlast the owner. We see 10,000 miles regularly without any maintenance.

I would not even think to put something that ugly on my sled. The JT kit will most likely outlast the owner. We see 10,000 miles regularly without any maintenance.

Ugly it may be, but it matches and I'm a fan of matching wheels (oddly enough, the 141" skid only has 6 total). And I'm not worried about your J&T kit lasting for 10,000 miles for maintenance - I'm interested in replacing my idler and bogey wheels, so please stop pushing it every post. I had it on my Viper and if I wanted it again, I would have already purchased it.

Last edited:
I designed a spacer kit to add the 4th wheel inside the rails. The 19+ axle design is a solid design and I did not see any reason to replace it. My spacer kit works with wheels that have the thicker 6205 bearing and wheels that have the thinner 6005 bearing. I offer heavy duty version with 6205 thicker bearings and solid rubber wheels and the std which just adds a stock 19 wheel. Perhaps the HD wheels I use would be of interest to you. You would need my whole kit to use them on the inside. I see no reason why you couldn't use the HD wheels on the outside. With the thicker bearing you would only be moving your outside wheels out 1.5mm.

Here is link to my 4th wheel page. If you want just HD wheels I can sell them for $30 each

https://www.barnofparts.com/4th-wheel-kits

8" wheel options are limited. I've done a lot of searching for my own kits.

4101-5b3fadffde28f.jpg

After re-reading your post I was wandering why you would want to buy the oem solid axle kit. Just looked at fiche and I see you only had a 2 wheel set up. With that being said you would not be able to retrofit the 19 oem solid axle parts since your rail slots are only 1/2" wide ( I think). The oem solid axle is a 1" diameter axle.

I changed my rear wheels and axle to J&T set up and has worked great but now the rest of my wheels have bits of rubber coming off and will have to be replaced for the coming season, the stock wheels don't seem to be very good quality since i ride on good snow all the time and have no studs yet the rubber is flying off the wheels. anyone change them out yet for a better wheel? looking for a better replacement

I changed my rear wheels and axle to J&T set up and has worked great but now the rest of my wheels have bits of rubber coming off and will have to be replaced for the coming season, the stock wheels don't seem to be very good quality since i ride on good snow all the time and have no studs yet the rubber is flying off the wheels. anyone change them out yet for a better wheel? looking for a better replacement

I had the SlyDogs 'Real Cool' bogey wheels on my Viper. I liked them because they were one solid piece of UHMW plastic and no rubber to delaminate. However, the fan design is nothing more than a gimmick - there was no snow that was ever pulled into my suspension as advertised.

Back