• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spring tear down

CCBE0801-4FC2-409E-BCE3-B6DB44C9935E.png
D4762151-E252-4D9F-86BB-2CBA965D73B0.jpeg
Question shim brake rotor disk to tighten up ?
Or let it float ? Thoughts ?

I'm thinking of doing the same thing.
gpxsrx where did you find that shim ?
The shim is not the right size just for reference in picture. But reading more on topic in sidewinder section.

A1286018-CF13-4163-9605-397F13ADB99B.png
I just checked rotor installed with calliper installed and I need 0.037 shim washer to take up play.

Last edited:
5CE219FD-C3F9-42BB-9BF2-A431D6A538C3.png
This is the tool needed for tightening set screws in drive axel works well.
Never used loctight hoping for the best set screws tightened up nice and snug.

Do yourself a favor and get the NEW style circlip. The circlip with the holes has been around forever, Cat in theyre infinite wisdom decided to use those Eaton clips.

Last edited:
8JP-RAC03-00-00 for the brake rotor. Still looks like Yamaha is using the silly Eaton type clip on the inner one. I had to get the Eaton type pliers in 2012 when Cat first came out with the turbo Suzuki. Also if you take those Eaton type on and off a couple of times, they start to lose theyre memory, as in they dont clamp as tight from stretching. Get new ones if so.

8JP-RAC03-00-00 for the brake rotor. Still looks like Yamaha is using the silly Eaton type clip on the inner one. I had to get the Eaton type pliers in 2012 when Cat first came out with the turbo Suzuki. Also if you take those Eaton type on and off a couple of times, they start to lose theyre memory, as in they dont clamp as tight from stretching. Get new ones if so.

Thanks Swampcat

View attachment 148647 I just checked rotor installed with calliper installed and I need 0.037 shim washer to take up play.

I have not put mine back together yet (still waiting to get my shaft back from the machinist) but bought a Koyo AS4565 thrust washer. It's designed purpose is to be a race for a thrust bearing so it is hardened which is nice, it also has the same 45mm bore as your bearing so it will fit nice on the shaft. 1mm thick or .0394" so you should be able to squeeze it in there. I am going to put mine behind the rotor (between the rotor and bearing) because the inner race of my bearing wore a groove in the rotor from spinning on the shaft. You can buy them online or pick one up at your local bearing distibutor. https://www.motionindustries.com/productDetail.jsp?sku=00093070

I have not put mine back together yet (still waiting to get my shaft back from the machinist) but bought a Koyo AS4565 thrust washer. It's designed purpose is to be a race for a thrust bearing so it is hardened which is nice, it also has the same 45mm bore as your bearing so it will fit nice on the shaft. 1mm thick or .0394" so you should be able to squeeze it in there. I am going to put mine behind the rotor (between the rotor and bearing) because the inner race of my bearing wore a groove in the rotor from spinning on the shaft. You can buy them online or pick one up at your local bearing distibutor. https://www.motionindustries.com/productDetail.jsp?sku=00093070
Thank you very much saves me getting my machinist to make me one. Good find. Have a good one. Thanks

Just remember there has been cases of the snapring coming off. Probably from a seized Caliper piston. New style and old.

Just remember there has been cases of the snapring coming off. Probably from a seized Caliper piston. New style and old.
Have one on order.
Steve do you have a part number for 21 top gear bushing ?Yamaha ? Thanks for all your help

Back