• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

srx really working with TD max spool 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did some fun testing last season against an Apex with a simple yamacharger. At top speeds one would notice how much wind shear the higher seat height created on the winder. On that windy day it was hard to keep the winder from getting blown off course. No problem with much lower sled. Every inch of height counts when it comes to aerodynamics.

How does gearing for top speed such as changing top to 22 tooth affect the sleds performance in the trails? Do you lose much corner to corner jam?

How does gearing for top speed such as changing top to 22 tooth affect the sleds performance in the trails? Do you lose much corner to corner jam?

I've done it and in my opinion, if running anything over 260hp, you lose absolutely nothing.......all gains!!

Last edited:
Unless you were there please don’t comment[/
ernie this wasn't on sat when we all ran around the lake together, you also left early. how would you know what anyone did? sat my rpm's were off at 8450rpm. i took weight out on sun and ran it later than that.

i tried to run the sled today on 3 different lakes to get a video, radar and gps. i didn't have any luck on any of the lakes because there was 50-70kph winds today and drifting and blowing snow. it kept blowing me off course, i'll keep trying though.

Take Ernie up on his offer to use a TD GPS.

i tried to run the sled today on 3 different lakes to get a video, radar and gps. i didn't have any luck on any of the lakes because there was 50-70kph winds today and drifting and blowing snow. it kept blowing me off course, i'll keep trying though.
I will come out Sunday and you can borrow my TD GPS no problem

I had to leave but there’s no way you could’ve run those numbers on Saturday and that’s what I was talking about but my other buddy was there and nobody ran near those numbers
I know how fast my sled runs and from what I seen your sled is not as fast as mine and I cannot run those numbers on pump gas.

The 2019 srx I have with hurricane 290 kit, pump gas, stock clutching and stock gearing ran a 129mph in 1320'

I had to leave but there’s no way you could’ve run those numbers on Saturday and that’s what I was talking about but my other buddy was there and nobody ran near those numbers
I know how fast my sled runs and from what I seen your sled is not as fast as mine and I cannot run those numbers on pump gas.

I been watching this thread intermittently, as like many of you, the numbers presented peaked my curiosity. At one point, it looked like this post was headed in a rabbit hole where a few individuals were using their keyboards to see who could pee the farthest.

Kuvasz and Stone 88, as an outsider looking in, I was just made aware that you guys not only know each other, but live close enough to where you can get together and settle this argument like gentleman.

I've been privy to hundreds of arguments just like this one and I've settled everyone of the same way....... "Line Em Up and let's see who is who!"

This forum is full of winder owners that are just as passionate as you are and eager to learn anything that will give them an extra mph. Let's keep it positive and have fun!! Get some radar guns, timing lights, clear 2 lanes on the ice and "Run Em!"

Just my 5 cents......

Tks Josh for jumping in on this thread.So there ya have it guys Josh is one of the guys we run with same sled STOCK Gearing and got 129 on the gun so we're talking About a 5 MPH difference now,which brings me to my next point,is there any doubt that Gull Lake was not ideal conditions in fact it was far from perfect where I'm going with this is different time different types surface different location different result.Ive seen these winders swing 3-4 mph with just a CAI added or hell even a driver change this is not or is not an argument simple facts boys.Now go out there and show us some more results with GPS pics video etc......

Resized_20190105_164218_7976.jpeg

I been watching this thread intermittently, as like many of you, the numbers presented peaked my curiosity. At one point, it looked like this post was headed in a rabbit hole where a few individuals were using their keyboards to see who could pee the farthest.

Kuvasz and Stone 88, as an outsider looking in, I was just made aware that you guys not only know each other, but live close enough to where you can get together and settle this argument like gentleman.

I've been privy to hundreds of arguments just like this one and I've settled everyone of the same way....... "Line Em Up and let's see who is who!"

This forum is full of winder owners that are just as passionate as you are and eager to learn anything that will give them an extra mph. Let's keep it positive and have fun!! Get some radar guns, timing lights, clear 2 lanes on the ice and "Run Em!"

Just my 5 cents......
my money is on stone88 ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back