• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Summer build

I'm not having mine done either. I don't see the point in paying to powder coat something no one will see. If I was building a brand new sled to display in a show I would do it(and leave a side panel off), but not for everyday riding.

Exact;y what caleb said and also for the fact that is gets incredibly dirty in their with your belt dust and brake dust, and unless you stay on top of it after every ride it starts to look like crap whereas aluminum covers or hides alot of it. I thought about it, but in the end no one see's it and a pain to clean so opted not to. Everything but the bulkhead is power though!

pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

Looks awesome Caleb. Can't quite tell what you did to your spindles, but they look bomb proof :Rockon:

Do we need to trade in your steering post relocator for a black one?

DSC00221.jpg

Keep us posted. Gonna be :-o :-o

scmurs

Caleb married, yeah right! Hes way to busy with sleds to be married :Rockon:

Scmurs, that black relocate looks sick man, nice work. Im assuming your talking about his cooler being nicked from the bulkhead, he had that welded by a pro.

Cant wait to see these sleds side by side, its gonna be sick :die

HYFLYR said:
Caleb married, yeah right! Hes way to busy with sleds to be married :Rockon:

Scmurs, that black relocate looks sick man, nice work. Im assuming your talking about his cooler being nicked from the bulkhead, he had that welded by a pro.

Cant wait to see these sleds side by side, its gonna be sick :die

No, the upside down, and I assume empty, blue beer cooler in the background of the picture ;)!

LOL, scmurs i didnt even see that.

Should get some more done tomorrow, will have pics as i go. Hopefully will be a rolling chassis :Rockon:

Scmurs, the natural relocator is fine, it's not very visible. That black one is sharp looking! Man you guys make some nice looking parts.

Got Drews front clip most of the way together tonight. Just need to put shocks and tie rods in. I'm sure he'll post some better pictures this weekend.
frontclip.jpg

Hoods and gas tank shrouds are going out tomorrow for paint and should have them back by the end of next week :Rockon:

Our seats were finished today and look great! They added stiffer foam to the top and about 2". Mine doesnt look like 2" but it has been hacked up to fit my tank but once its on it will firm up in the middle and form nicely around the tank.

They also used three different fabrics, the base is covered with a very thick and durable fabric to prevent ripping from boots etc. The mid section has a stock type feel and the top is sticky type fabric, not sure the names but it feels perfect and cant wait to get it on there this weekend. Heres a pic.

sledproject09003-1.jpg

Ready to start assembling everything. Picked up the last of the parts today.

fresh ceramic coated header
header-2.jpg

new seat. The upholstery guy did a fantastic job. Like Drew mentioned, it's got much stiffer foam and 3 different fabrics on the outside. It looks even better in person.
seat-1.jpg

144x15x2.5
track.jpg

8" plastic wheels from Avid
wheels-1.jpg

More pics to come as they start going together.

looking good caleb! i just need to fab up the new under tunnel stuff, send it to the ceramic coaters. then install the float X's, and align the front suspension. then i am a polishing day away from being ready for the snow. ski

Back