• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension upgrade for Apex Mountain?

The bullydog or K-mod, ride REALLY WELL. Way better than other mountain suspension like Skidoo and Artic Cat , never try a Polaris.

since you have more than 151 inch of track, its really easy and quick to install. Its came with a Fox Zero Pro shock. All you keep is the front shock and its mounting bracket. FIT and FINISH is awesome. Quality too, one season of abuse, and no wear at all

thanks. That's good info. Have sent som PM's with KMOD on SW, but I'm still not sure wether to go with KMOD, HOLZ (Little bit more pricy, but it comes with a new front shock) or just go to my local cat dealer and get a M suspension... Or just go with the good old suspension and maybe :exc: a bit so it wan't bottom out as hard on me, LOL :ORC

about 500 $ US difference between both

if i get another one for another sled it will be The K-mod one, it give me another 500 $ mod.

Like Mountainmod Seat

I think it's more 400? After the price KMOD gave me, and from what i can read on Holz's site, it's 400. But with the time it takes Holz to answer a mail asking for some info un the suspension, I can only imagine the time it would take if something broke and I needed some answers... Kmod seems like an ok guy to deal with, but I still think the front shock is to soft..maybe just put some shims in it and call it ok...

K mod give me a A-1 service

I broked the shock because of a bad installation(my fault) and i receive another one 2 day later.

Go with the one with the color of you choice :drink:

Yeah, that's great. Maybe I just HAVE to install the KMOD then...been reading some not-so-good stuff about customer service@holz, but then again...everybody can post on the net.

Kmod said he would be done any time now tih the colour of your choise for apex, so i'm waiting for him to tell me, and show me how it looks...

was the installation bolt on?

no, you have hole to drill on the rail, but it all you have to do, he will send you the templates to drill them.

;)!

But i dont know for Apex, but i think it like Rx-1, hole aren'T the same

Take a look at this video, you will see my sled, we where trying diferent way to launch, its was on ice and slush. Most of the short track sled where studed()pinned)

I can get the transfert i want, just get your feet where you want to be, very easy to Transfert

http://media.putfile.com/Untitled8832

Well to make things a little more interesting. Here is another skid to try LOL. Summitking posted about it earlier in the thread but nobody talked about it. It's a fabcraft skid which comes complete and ready to bolt in for $2600 US with the following;

>8" composite wheels on rear and 5 5/8" idlers on top in choice of silver or black
>Fox Float shocks with clicker reservoirs
>Tig welded 4130 chromoly swing arms
>Grease zircs
>7075 aluminum cross shafts
>Delron bushings
>Hyperfax brand hifax
>Rails that are tipped up for easier turning
>Weights as low as 44 lbs
>Available in lengths 144"-166"
>Silver arms and aluminum colored rails are standard
>Custom Powder Coat colors on the arms and/or rails are available

Attachments

• Fabcraft suspension.jpg
    Fabcraft suspension.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 188
skid

Thanks BlgsRX-1mtn thats a wicked skid.But how has it been doing on the snow? anyone used it?Man thougth i didnt kno0w it had such a steep price tage cause fro anotehr 100 bucks canadian i can get a m10 w2.whos used the fab craft skid?

that fabracft is almost 3 times as much..ok, it's a full skid, but still... does it work 3 times better?

Tundra: looks like there is alot of transfer in that skid, and you do not have a turbo on it? sled seems fast, but don't you think it will transfer a bit to much when on the boost?
But still, think I'm starting to leen towards the KMOD... If i get the front shock valved stiffer...

Has anybody tested the anti bottoming that's presented on the 05 Vector?
Think they are colled rollers or something something...this shall as I've heard, prevent it from botoming out? not the best solution off course, but almost free...

No turbo on it

Like i said, it transfer big time, but, you can controle it very well. Spray 25 has one with is Turbo. And i know, they sell a stronger H-arm for the turbo.

When your at speed it wont tranfert abruptly, it transfert on take-off then it settle down.

skid

i have those litle rollers and they work wicked. I noticed a huge diffrence it didnt bottom out on the trail. but i could still bottom it out off bigger drops.

Back