• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Taking the Winder out 1st time after pronouncing it fixed!—Strong NO!

Yes, I'm sure Kinger is doing it all. My only goal was to help by relating my experiences with trying to bleed these things. I have found even with good garage bleeding, it takes some riding to get all the air out. There are lots of crevices, corners, pockets, etc in the cooling system where air can hang out until you ride and dislodge it. During first ride or two after re-build or assembly, I watch the coolant level very closely until it stabilizes.

Totally understand and you made a good a point about there being lots of places for pockets of air to hang out and it needing to be ridden. I'm going thru a similar issue after replacing the front and rear heat exchangers on my Apex. I probably spent a good part of my afternoon bleeding the system and calling @Rockmeister to confirm the process (I'm sure he was probably getting tired of me calling or me being anal about the process) as I thought the coolant should be coming out of the bleed screen in the rear with more pressure and had my doubts. Even the next morning, I still had to add more coolant and then on our Christmas/New Years trip, had to add even more. Was so paranoid that I even broke down and purchased an infrared thermometer that I could use to periodically check engine temps on my first trip out. All was good but like you stated, it just needed to be ridden to have all those air pockets get removed.

I plan to 'send it' on the local lake here this weekend and see if the T stat helps and if it just keeps taking coolant.

Asked again, anyone have a clue what the capacity is? I never filled mine only the dealer after rebuild. I have the BTX 153 and can't remember now if that is a larger or smaller exchanger capacity then the trail sleds.

Kinger: 18 LTX manual states coolant capacity is 5.8 US Quarts. Not sure either if BTX exchangers are same or longer though

Can't find it but I think from empty to full is about 5+ qts.

Bizarre! Clear oil with a line were its milky. This is hot. Way above full.
BCDE5E9B-EEBA-4C50-9296-5725BF380403.jpeg

have you changed oil from break in yet?

Its way over full. I had it between min and max after oil change warm. The milkshake was pushing up the clean oil after sitting all night. I wasn’t riding or it would all be milky.

i would change it and save the old oil. Start over.

Maybe you've already been asked this, but has the oil cooler ever been switched out?

Kinger I’m not doubting you in any way but mine is exactly like yours when it’s cold, when i did the first oil change on my 20, followed the book, added oil till it was at the upper line when engine at operating temp, next day went to look and it was way above line when cold, so I thought I overfilled it, ran the sled till temp again and it lowered to just below line and stayed there while engine was running.

Again this fall i filled the oil tank to just below the top line ran sled and added oil till it was at the line again all while engine was at operating temp, as engine cools the oil is the exact height as yours.

Not saying you don’t have a problem but the oil raising over night is normal, at least it’s normal on mine.

Thanks Fabio! I haven’t been able to run the sled long enough to know what is normal, so that is really helpful. I think I’m just going to keep driving it and take it to the dealer after the seasons over. I do have the Ulmer Racing easy drain kit on it. So I will take a sample and maybe send that to Blackstone just for fun.

Back