• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TAPP - Race Setup

Yamisled

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Switching to the Tapp primary this year and looking for some help/guidance on a drag race set up. I know some of you don’t want to spill your secret recipes but any help would be greatly appreciated. There are some threads on this but nothing on drag setups. Snow drags 660’.

Primary spring (purchased mine with black)?
Weight/bolts in the arms and rollers?
Roller size (purchased mine with +1)?
Clicker position? All the same or a mix?
Running customer ramps or stock? If stock what positions?
Secondary set up?

Sled specs: Sidewinder XTX, 325-350 HP tune, running Tapp primary, stock secondary, 21/41 gears, 8jp belt

Thank you for your help! Safe riding!

Switching to the Tapp primary this year and looking for some help/guidance on a drag race set up. I know some of you don’t want to spill your secret recipes but any help would be greatly appreciated. There are some threads on this but nothing on drag setups. Snow drags 660’.

Primary spring (purchased mine with black)?
Weight/bolts in the arms and rollers?
Roller size (purchased mine with +1)?
Clicker position? All the same or a mix?
Running customer ramps or stock? If stock what positions?
Secondary set up?

Sled specs: Sidewinder XTX, 325-350 HP tune, running Tapp primary, stock secondary, 21/41 gears, 8jp belt

Thank you for your help! Safe riding!
This should get you close:

Primary
Black spring
+2 rollers (17.5mm)
Set 2 ramps on A side, 2 ramps on B side
For the 2 positions on A side - med bolt, 1 washer on each bolt, 2 set screws per arm
For the 2 positions on B side - med bolt, 4 washers on each bolt, no set screws
Start with all clickers on 3 - fine tune as required

As a general guide - each gram of weight will change RPM by about 40. For example, add a gram of weight to each of a pair of opposing arms will reduce RPM by about 80.

Secondary
37-42 helix
Dalton Black Orange at 6-2

Set anti-lag (launch control) to hold about 3900-4000 RPM and 6-8 pounds of boost.

Hang on.

Thank you! Very helpful!

A couple questions.

Does extra weight in the roller act like heel weight and arm weight like tip?

Is there a reason/thought process behind with a different weight profile with the A ramp (less roller and more arm weight) than the B ramp (more roller weight, no arm)?

Thank you! Very helpful!

A couple questions.

Does extra weight in the roller act like heel weight and arm weight like tip?

Is there a reason/thought process behind with a different weight profile with the A ramp (less roller and more arm weight) than the B ramp (more roller weight, no arm)?
Haven't experimented with different rollers, that's just the setup I'm using with a similar or higher power level. No real strategy with the different weights on the profiles, and I don't think it would really matter at all. When just adding weight on 2 arms it helps keep things organized. Helps when you make notes as to how much weight you've added or removed from where.

Back