• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TD eco trail tune

my dad would say -- "no replacement for displacement" - the motor makes the vehicle - toyotas claim to fame is no power = cant hurt it, even if your drunk - but its a toyota - we will fix all this cat #*$&@ - its not that big of a deal - so your gona switch to a dooooondocker guy -- LOL - i love this sled - nothings even close... if these motors were capable of being copied by the competition and built - they would - but they cant..... been tiring to go this fast on a trail sled my whole life - i love sledding again...

my dad would say -- "no replacement for displacement" - the motor makes the vehicle - toyotas claim to fame is no power = cant hurt it, even if your drunk - but its a toyota - we will fix all this cat #*$&@ - its not that big of a deal - so your gona switch to a dooooondocker guy -- LOL - i love this sled - nothings even close... if these motors were capable of being copied by the competition and built - they would - but they cant..... been tiring to go this fast on a trail sled my whole life - i love sledding again...
Supertrax awarded the 18 XCR 'Sled of the year'. It's a good sled, no doubt.
However, my neighbour has one, and he is 20 years younger and probably a better rider. We live in farmland territory, throw in a few bushes here and there. Our last rip of the season I was leading with the hammer down. I wait for him to catch up after riding about 5 miles.
He says 'I just can't keep up, I don't have enough power to stay with you".
I love sledding again too!

Yeah that is why I bought it brand new. Have not done that in a while. Love the fact that it is the fastest and most powerful stock sled. Know what? Nothing stock will run with it for 2019 either!
It does have it’s negatives, but has many positives to offset those. Speed, power, ride, handling, and LOOKS!

Well said Waldo! I feel the same way!

not sure why anyone would run anything under powertrail at 270 - its fine for the crappyest gas u can run. my buddys running a newer 250 tune with stock pipe - runs great but this thing needs a pipe - i consistently use at least a gallon less per fill up. the smallest tune i run now is max 17 at 91 octane 275hp....
Ya,i am caught between,those two TD tunes for next year,but I will only have one tune to a time flashed,by woody,s in maine,i already have CAI and 3" sandale and will get 3 bar sensor and TS bov,i wonder if I try max 17 first,but than fear fuel issues and have him drop it back down to PT is I would still be happy? And I may even sell or trade my sandale 3" for a TD SQ if I can find one used. My EVO 4 has been awesome from mid up to about 117 gps,but has no long legs,and no quick spool bottom,unless I want to tear ECU out,and send away,dont really want to do that. All year I best buddys apex esup and my boys stock winder by a lot,this thing gets 15-17 on any hard snow,running hard above 7000 rpms.Oh ya,ran flawless all year,and did over 3000 miles,and only one blown 8jp in now 3700 plus.

max 17 is a low 91 octane tune - if u cant get good gas - just dont race anyone or do a wide open shot for very far. - and if the motor dosent like it - itll turn timing down on its own. its fine. i dont us a BOV yet - stock is fine to 17. and then it only leaks a little and its safer with the stock BOV. that sandale may make it a bit leaner - talk to ben about that but i run a turbo force which adds about 6 hp compaired to SQ... what dont u like about the sandale 3" - id like to try that one

Ya,i am caught between,those two TD tunes for next year,but I will only have one tune to a time flashed,by woody,s in maine,i already have CAI and 3" sandale and will get 3 bar sensor and TS bov,i wonder if I try max 17 first,but than fear fuel issues and have him drop it back down to PT is I would still be happy? And I may even sell or trade my sandale 3" for a TD SQ if I can find one used. My EVO 4 has been awesome from mid up to about 117 gps,but has no long legs,and no quick spool bottom,unless I want to tear ECU out,and send away,dont really want to do that. All year I best buddys apex esup and my boys stock winder by a lot,this thing gets 15-17 on any hard snow,running hard above 7000 rpms.Oh ya,ran flawless all year,and did over 3000 miles,and only one blown 8jp in now 3700 plus.

Pete, whereas you already have EVO stage 4, you are going to need the MAX 17 to be happy. If it is too much, Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, you can always get it downgraded to PT as you say.
One thing to keep in mind, the TD updated tunes come with a knock light. That would let you know if you run into poor octane fuel I would think. They now also come with a Boost indicator which is the hour meter on the cluster, when the sled is running. TD also put the cold start light back in, (red light on the cluster all the way to the left). On that one they did change when the light turns off, from 68 to 88F.

I know I was impressed with my newest tune, the MAX Spool 16 for my set up. It is quick when compared to the EcoTrail that I had, and that was at 15.9 lbs of boost. New BOV next year should bring it nearer to the 16.8 lbs as shown on Buckeyes flasher, or Juke box, or whatever he has that shows the flash and what the boost should be. I can just imagine what that 17 will do !!

Woody did speak with TD about my set up with the partially modded stock muffler, and they did not think that my muffler mod was very free flowing. Not sure if TD tweaked my flash, so we shall find out next season if it in fact does get close to 16.8 lbs of boost.

Anyways, hope you find that SAFE and HAPPY set up Pete.

higher boost levels with the same tune is related to the pipe and CAI i believe more than anything - my friend has a S Q pipe and stock air box, and i have turbo force and CAI , mine makes about 1.5 - 2 pounds more boost than his. on the gage... and its very noticable side x side - in other words,,, hes soooooo slooow... and i dont agree with changing the BOV - we test em with a leak tester from work and they dont leak until over 17 # and then its just a little tiny bit but over 19 - leaks more - my rule is stock BOV to 18# - if u go 20 u need the fancy one.

higher boost levels with the same tune is related to the pipe and CAI i believe more than anything - my friend has a S Q pipe and stock air box, and i have turbo force and CAI , mine makes about 1.5 - 2 pounds more boost than his. on the gage... and its very noticable side x side - in other words,,, hes soooooo slooow... and i dont agree with changing the BOV - we test em with a leak tester from work and they dont leak until over 17 # and then its just a little tiny bit but over 19 - leaks more - my rule is stock BOV to 18# - if u go 20 u need the fancy one.
Yes I have heard that the muffler choice does matter when it comes to boost numbers.
But also communicating with Buckeye on a DMCturbo post, and he has the data logger and flasher with the sm Max Spool 16 installed. He took a screen shot of his boost level after a run, it was showing 15.5
He then installed the new TS BOV and took a screen shot of another run, that one showed 16.5 boost and of course higher rpms.
He has the SM tunes for his set up and that tune(sm Max Spool 16) shows 16.8 boost.
So that is why I was thinking of upgrading my BOV next year??

ok - i can see that because of the spring difference inside but i believe its better to run a higher boost flash to get the levels u want - but its probably the same difference - interesting tho - ill try the turbosmart if we get up north tomorrow --- and with the data logger with the TD stuff - u simply set up your phone for automatic logging - pic the things u want to see and look at it later - take screen shots and stuff - its great!! i hit 4 deer 2 years ago looking at tha fa ken gage - DONT LOOK AT THAT THING unless ur on a wide open lake --- i never will again with this set up - its great and if u think u can look at it and get good data - reviewing a run with data every second is way more accurate that trying to stare at that thing going 100+

Yeah, dam straight, agree with that 100%.
One reason I did not want a busy dash and other gauges to try and look at.

Last sled had AFR, Boost and suspension air compressor psi, and a 2 stage switch for boost level.?never mind the speedo and rpms..
Just a snowmobile not a jet fighter pilot! Lol

But yeah I saw some screen shots from yours, it showed Map,HP and octane I think.

Buckeyes showed Map and boost number!

You said that you can choose what you want to see. NICE.

Yours must be a different set up then his, or is it the bundle that looks and shows different values?
You guys are extreme when compared to my 1 flash set up, but I do appreciate the great info from all!

This one I wanted to keep simple

Last edited:
Sorry Waldo must disagree with ya on this one. My stock BOV was leaking at 15.4ish. I noticed when I flashed max17 and my psi did not change from running powertrail. I reversed my BOV as per Ben and I seen 17 psi. I purchased the turbosmart BOV and never looked back.

ya - its amazing - if u get the flasher and multi pac - ben gives u bunch of tunes, and if u get the sensor and fuel pump,, u get the big ones, u can pic from those individually or pick jute box which is a screen that u can slide from 1 tune to the next in 1 second - displays which tune, octane requirement and HP - makes it soo easy change, very cool - and for a little more u can get the data logger which taps into the sensors already on the sled - theres like 14 things u can pick from - i like throttle position, boost, rpm, mph, intake temp, and o2- also has fuel overide, antilag timing offset, anyi lag rev limiter, boost override, boost 2 map, anti lag tps step 1 & 2 --- a few other tings but i forgot.. u can display on your phone or i pad - 1 screen - 2, 4, or 8 things to look at - i put the phone in my pocket now and look at the data logs later - shows a graph and what everythings doing... and the screen - like rpm - shows in real time so its much faster to react - stock gage is slow and not that accurate and moves in 50 rpm increments - data logger rpm screen is fast and accurate to the diget - - my boost was down one day for some reason - i used the data logger to figure it out and monitor / verify that what i did fixed it, and stay that way, also shows when u detonate loud and clear on the screen, and also changes stock gage to throw a red light in case phone is in your pocket --- do not use the MAX rpm feature on stock gage to clutch,,, youll go backwards... in fact - i was going backwards alot before this logger - u think u can look at the gage and clutch accordingly --- LOL - the looger proves that method sucks!! so much better being able to study and slowly move through your run and see things u cannot see when staring at the gage like a cave man... - uga chucka --- LOL - i like to take screen shots of like 140mph runs to mess with my buddys - i put it in KM to really mess with em.... only works for a little but is fun the first time...

Sorry Waldo must disagree with ya on this one. My stock BOV was leaking at 15.4ish. I noticed when I flashed max17 and my psi did not change from running powertrail. I reversed my BOV as per Ben and I seen 17 psi. I purchased the turbosmart BOV and never looked back.
ya - ya - thats tru 2 - we tested 3 of them - the new one would leak at 10 pounds and under - i figured it had to break in a bit but my 1000 mile one was great to 18 19 pounds , and then it was just a tiny bit - so i ran it and im happy - i see 18 at the 17# tune consistently - ill try to load the video of the testing of BOV on the bench - back then i was afraid of those higher tunes so i didnt mind it leaking a little - and ive been told the turbosmart makes it run a bit leaner in general - by the pros == again scared -

Last edited:
max 17 is a low 91 octane tune - if u cant get good gas - just dont race anyone or do a wide open shot for very far. - and if the motor dosent like it - itll turn timing down on its own. its fine. i dont us a BOV yet - stock is fine to 17. and then it only leaks a little and its safer with the stock BOV. that sandale may make it a bit leaner - talk to ben about that but i run a turbo force which adds about 6 hp compaired to SQ... what dont u like about the sandale 3" - id like to try that one
Oh I love it,but I can tell ya,our wardens don't lol,i got a very hard steady look last week,up in fort kent maine,he let me slide by,and never stopped me,but I could see it on his face,it was clear I got his attension.. lol

Back