• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TEAM Secondary Conversion Kit

Srxspec

Ulmer Racing
TY Advertiser
Tech Advisor
Website
www.ulmerracing.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper LTX, 2014 Yamaha SR Viper RTX SE, 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 162 (turbo), 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 153
WEBSITE
www.ulmerracing.com
I've had alot of questions on this and seen quite a few posts through the winter on this. After getting some more riding time on this setup yesterday I can say it flat out works! Great low speed driveability, very very smooth engagement, great backshift and RPM consistancy in varying snow conditions.

Installation pictures:

First you remove the parking brake, brake caliper, snap ring and washers, brake disc, spacer, and lock collar.
FXNytroTEAM001.jpg

Next you remove the torx screws holding the jackshaft bearing holder into the bulkhead.
FXNytroTEAM003.jpg

Next you can go on the chaincase side and tap lightly with a rubber mallet to remove the jackshaft. Once loose slowly slide it out the clutch side.
FXNytroTEAM004.jpg

FXNytroTEAM005.jpg

Next you will slide the new jackshaft in and tighten the torx screws again. You may have to rotate the shaft slightly to get the splines on the shaft to line up with the top gear.
FXNytroTEAM006.jpg

FXNytroTEAM007.jpg

Now you can put the locking collar on and tighten the torx screw, then install the spacer, brake disc, washer, and snap ring (on my sled I had to leave the thicker of the two washers off to get the snap ring installed).
FXNytroTEAM009.jpg

FXNytroTEAM010.jpg

FXNytroTEAM011.jpg

Next you will want to install the supplied washers onto the jackshaft to set the offset correctly.
FXNytroTEAM012.jpg

Now you are ready to install the secondary onto the sled.
FXNytroTEAM013.jpg

Next you need to install the new primary spring and weights supplied with the kit!
FXNytroTEAM014.jpg

FXNytroTEAM016.jpg

Everything is installed and ready to ride!
FXNytroTEAM017.jpg

FXNytroTEAM018.jpg

Any more top end with it? What about low to mid accleration? Got any numbers? Did you test against a stocker? You got snow?

3-4 sled lengths low to midrange acceleration gain. Much better backshift over stock. The snow conditions were pretty wet & heavy yesterday running through 2-3" of snow and could get 109-110 on the dream meter in probably around 2000' distance. Conditions here are not good for top end this time of the season, the ground is warming up and making slop out of it!

The cost is $725. The new jackshaft allows you to put the TEAM clutch on. The FX Nytro uses a hollow jackshaft which is larger in diameter than the standard Apex, RX-1, Vector, etc uses. The kit includes a new jackshaft, secondary clutch, helix, secondary spring, clutch weights, and primary spring.

This thing better do alot for 725.00... F*&^^% that is alot of dough for clutching... 9% more top end? Is that for sure?

SledFreak said:
This thing better do alot for ... 9% more top end? Is that for sure?

9% more top end..that put me at 127mph :Rockon: >>>> Got my attention....even 5% I'd be VERY happy....that would put me past the Apex's

No, I meant to say 9% in the over drive, not top end...

adirondac blue said:
What holds the top gear in place. I haven't had a nytro apart.
i cant figure out how you can pull a jackshaft out like that. is the top gear not bolted in? what holds it up with no shaft there? enlighten me please.

Back