• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tear down

I bought the Hurricane pump and regulator kit and just installed a return line myself.
I got some installation tips from Mike Knapp.
That PEFI fuel pump upgrade kit is really nice and addresses all the potential issues.
Interested on more about your fuel return set up

Interested on more about your fuel return set up

I should have taken pictures...

The Hurricane pump kit came with a grommet and spigot. I removed the short black fuel line that runs from the fuel regulator to the tank then plugged the stock fuel return spigot that's on the top left side of tank, drilled a 1/2" hole in the fuel tank fuel pump mount/access panel right beside the fuel line spigot and inserted the new grommet and spigot. I then ran rubber fuel line from the fuel regulator return line port to the new spigot. I had to modify the tank fuel line bracket to clear the new return line fittings.
The return line now pumps unused fuel right over top of the fuel pump "slipper" helping to keep it full to ensure a constant fuel supply to the pump.

Caution:
You have remove the access panel to do this mod as you have to be very careful where to drill the hole as there is really only one spot it fits properly.

Awsome!!!
I plan on the adjustable risers also and possibly a mountain seat to help with bad back!
What fuel pump did you go with walbro gss342?
I am looking at pefi pump/ reg kit with return line relocation
would you want to sell your old seat?

My X-TX LE came with the mountain seat and I installed a seat off an SRX. I switch back and forth between them but usually prefer the lower SRX seat for most trail riding. Neither seat is for sale.

Hi yamamarc.
wrapped your headers is not a good idea. Ask your manufacturer....!

RR crossshaft have the same weakness than stock.( bushing)View attachment 154801

You would be a LOT better whit PEFI strong shaft or BOP.
I have to agree, I bent a stock shaft, broke the rr shaft and took out my tunnel with it. Rr shaft failed during regular trail riding at about the 3500 mile mark for me. Luckily my dealer got the tunnel replaced under warranty for me. I now have the BOP sleeve over a stock shaft and 2500 miles later I've seen zero signs of wear and zero belief this shaft will have any failures like the 2 stock offerings.

Why are these upper cross shafts breaking ? This is the first year that I've heard of so many of them breaking yet there is so many out there with no issues

Why are these upper cross shafts breaking ? This is the first year that I've heard of so many of them breaking yet there is so many out there with no issues
Mine was bent!! Probably from hammering big bumps at high speeds!!
I remember this season I launched off a hill and landed on another mogul! It hit hard and almost threw me off. I thought for sure something was broke but all was good. And now i found the shaft bent. I am guessing it bent from the impact

Buddy had his cross shaft fail a few weeks back. Needs a new tunnel, drive axle assembly, track, and front heat exchanger.

Insurance is writing the sled off.
60667873553__154DEE06-C312-41F0-B985-F60A806AE584.jpeg
60667871647__BE9FA189-BC4B-4FEF-9CD1-ECBF3B25B03A.jpeg

I have seen a Lotsssssss of them since 2013..... everybody i know have minimum rr shaft which is just a litle bit stronger

Last edited:
I have to agree, I bent a stock shaft, broke the rr shaft and took out my tunnel with it. Rr shaft failed during regular trail riding at about the 3500 mile mark for me. Luckily my dealer got the tunnel replaced under warranty for me. I now have the BOP sleeve over a stock shaft and 2500 miles later I've seen zero signs of wear and zero belief this shaft will have any failures like the 2 stock offerings.
I was lucky to have the bop tunnel reinforcement on it! It have save the tunnel

Great upgrade for little $$$.....

I was lucky to have the bop tunnel reinforcement on it! It have save the tunnel

Great upgrade for little $$$.....

I actually had the external plates riveted into the outside of the tunnel where the cross shaft bolts mount. It stopped it from being more catastrophic than it was/could have been at least. At a minimum it stopped the bolts from pulling completely though the side of the tunnel during my failure.

Back