• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Time To Rebuild the Pyramid. Loose Bolt Warning

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
All of them. Any 10mm bolt connected to the Pyramid and the crossmember. Every year they are loose. Manual calls for 12 Ft lbs. They are loose at that torque. Now I am going more. Tight. But even the 12 ft lbs will help. Remove bolt and Loctite. Tighten using the book or your own torque.
21622B60-9292-428A-B147-A67B9285EA7E.jpeg
7D79BADD-78B5-4127-92AB-D4CA6081A478.jpeg

Cannondale, is that an aluminum steering block? Or am I looking at that picture wrong?

I just pulled the fuel tank off and the ones going back to the tunnel were loose and one shows a lot of wear at the top.

I went over all the pyramid bolts and I cant believe how loose most of them were! Especially the cross bar that joins the shock towers together. They're bugger to tighten because you have to get a wrench on the nut behind them. All but one were loose, check them!!!!!

I went over all the pyramid bolts and I cant believe how loose most of them were! Especially the cross bar that joins the shock towers together. They're bugger to tighten because you have to get a wrench on the nut behind them. All but one were loose, check them!!!!!
Yes that crossbar I just tightened and that took a long time. Rest I removed and Loctited. Next time I have airbox off will do the crossbar right. Thanks for confirming I am not the only one.

now im worried i didnt check mine

Same here! I had my plastics off a dozen times... Never checked them! Baker's dozen it is!

Thanks I have mine apart for maintenance and one bolt is gone!!!! Anyone know the thread size so i can pick one up?
Thr bolt that os missing is the one that joins the vertical aluminium tubing connecting to pirimid

It would be nice if i could figure out how to post pics from my android phone!!!

Last edited:
Took the vertical steering out of my 15 viper. So loose. all the bolts top steering tripod and the pyramid too. Went to a standard post cant wait to try it.

Took the vertical steering out of my 15 viper. So loose. all the bolts top steering tripod and the pyramid too. Went to a standard post cant wait to try it.
Unless all you do is sit down trail riding, you wont like it

Thanks I have mine apart for maintenance and one bolt is gone!!!! Anyone know the thread size so i can pick one up?
Thr bolt that os missing is the one that joins the vertical aluminium tubing connecting to pirimid

It would be nice if i could figure out how to post pics from my android phone!!!
I would buy same bolts. They have a nub at tip to make install easier. Stock bolts are fine.

Have to check mine.The steering block is loose on mine.It was making a loud snap when I pull on the bars.

i haven't checked under the hood but my one down brace to the tunnel was way loose at the tunnel bolt...and my seat attachment plate has both rivets broke on one side

Back