• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tired Of Sloppy Steering At Plastic Bushing And Steel Collar

SORRY

You can drill your old ones out also just knowing everything is completely new is nice. I drilled out my old ones just noticed they were wore on one side of the Washer more than they other. SORRY I did not know alot of guys wanted these that is when I made the Washers available already drilled. Thanks for the feedback and will do better at communicating just a working guy trying to make something better.

Hey, no hard feeling there my southern bushman. I have good news to share with all of my fellow yamaheads. A brand new Yamaha dealer has just opened here in town, well not till monday, but still awwwwwwwsome news for me !!! I'll have the new washers ordered on monday and all of my warrenty issues will be delt with. It is a blessing to me knowing that a Yanaha dealer is so close instead of being 1200 kms away as most of you from the southern provices and states have access to a dealership by just driving down to it. Well I too now have that luxury !!! LOL I just apprieciate you taking time out from your personal life to fabricate something that makes everybodys ride better !!! Phazer owners anyway. I'll let you know when everything is installed.

Jeremy.

cannondale27 said:
No.That would be the skis.Try shimming the skis so they point upward and not flat when front of sled is in air.And check toe out.Final possibility is limiter strap is too tight.
my limiter strap is as loose and ever

mx1500 said:
cannondale27 said:
No.That would be the skis.Try shimming the skis so they point upward and not flat when front of sled is in air.And check toe out.Final possibility is limiter strap is too tight.
my limiter strap is as loose and ever

Wat?

Just getting back into the snowmobile mode from biking and came across this. I was going to make some of these myself for my sled, but you you just saved me a ton of time and work. Mark a set for me, do you need a PM from me with info?

Hey guys here is what the new Bronze Bushing & Plastic Washer Kit will look like compared to the Factory Setup. It will be sweet not to have to mess with this again.

Attachments

• Phazer Steering Pivot Assy. 007.jpg
    Phazer Steering Pivot Assy. 007.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 282
  • Phazer Steering 028.jpg
    Phazer Steering 028.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 270
  • Phazer Steering 023.jpg
    Phazer Steering 023.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 265
  • Phazer Steering 021.jpg
    Phazer Steering 021.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 260
Will this setup fit the VL? Can you ship to Canada and how much is shipping cost to Canada? So the plastic washer that is still part of the setup is okay? My understanding is that plastic parts are a big part of the problem on the frontends.

Hi there BombaPolaYama you are correct in saying the Plastic is the problem in these sleds and here is why. The Plastic Washers have an extension that goes into the Pivot Assembly from top and bottom that meet each other with a steel collar inside the the two plastic pieces with the bolt through it. The Plastic is the main peice taking the abuse on the Pivot assembly.

The reason the Brass Bushings will work is they are taking the place of the Plastic Washer in the Pivot Assembly. If you look at the image with the new setup you can see the Plastic Washer is only to keep the space between the steel outer washer and the Idler Arm bolted onto the Pivot Assembly. I put these in my sled already and it has no slop.

Yes they will fit into your sled all Phazer Steering Systems are the same. Let me know if your interested $37.00 for 2-Bushings and 4-Plastic Washers + $10.95 shipping to Canada.

upbushman said:
The reason the Brass Bushings will work is they are taking the place of the Plastic Washer in the Pivot Assembly. If you look at the image with the new setup you can see the Plastic Washer is only to keep the space between the steel outer washer and the Idler Arm bolted onto the Pivot Assembly. I put these in my sled already and it has no slop.

Yes they will fit into your sled all Phazer Steering Systems are the same. Let me know if your interested $37.00 for 2-Bushings and 4-Plastic Washers + $10.95 shipping to Canada.

Thanks for the clarification and info - I may be in touch re an order.

Ok guys I have the next batch of Brass Bushings and Plastic Washers pre drilled for a complete ready to install kit. Contact me for orders and is a cheap upgrade for steering stability thanks.

Back