• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top Speed AND The Yamaha Apex.... Whats the dreameter sayin?

Dan, it is possible

I'm not one to B/S - my Stock motored Apex ran 120 at a sanctioned event in 2000 ft, 124 with my fat buton it in 2500 +ft and 127 with Crystal on it on the same day on glare ice. It would run 120 most days on long runs.

There are lots of Stock apex's that run faster than 120.9.... just because they are not on the internet does not mean they are not out there.

guys.....dont get me wrong here.

Im not saying i dont believe it,or that it cant be done.....or that the gps or gun werent saying those readings.

what I am saying is this...ive been radaring for over 25 yrs on my lake with alot of different sleds over all these yrs....and Ive seen it all.

there is usually one or two days per season where you get perfect conditions where you get crazy speeds like you all are saying....

and if you have done this as much as i have,you all know that most days those type of speeds DONT happen,especially for stock apexs with stock ripsaw tracks.

you get perfect ice,with enough lube and run with the wind for a good distance and sure it happens.

i remember a few yrs ago with my mach,there was a guy who said he ran 130 and showed it on his gun....then he brought the sled to NB radars,and all he could pull was 118 and change,which was same that my mach would pull there.

just trying to make the point that those speeds are NOT typical. cause guys who dont radar alot will come away thinking their sleds should run 120+ anytime. which is just not gonna happen.

IMO on our plowed tracks of 2000 feet usually,we are always in the 114-118 range,and then if we extend to 3000 feet we might see the odd 120 on radar but each day can be 5mph diff....

i know down east you guys are at sea level which is good for a couple HP im sure. In muskoka my GPS reads 1100 elevation most the time.

i just know every stock apex i ride with(and there are a few) are always 3-5 less then me with my tweaks,so im always shocked to hear so called stockers running over 120.

Machzrobbie, ROCKERDAN. and everyone else. Are you guys running 23/38 gearing with those high speeds???? What other mods are you running?? Help me out I want to get onboard. I wanna keep my stock reliability and gain a few mph if I can for this season... THANKS!!!

machzrobbie said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86zbNhOJORs

this was on a normal day for me - 2000 ft, gps showed 123 holding it past the gun about another 500 ft - notice the radar is steadily climbing - this is with me 230 lbs and they made me pull the front end which I had lowered, which is usually faster slammed

robbie that is awesome....but you are always fast,you know darn well there are no other apexs at NB running those speeds BOX STOCK.

i dont think ive seen any apex with stock ripsaw ever run over 112 on radar. im sure it could be done but i havent seen one even close to 120 with stock track .

the problem with all this is each day brings diff conditions...and i know im the first one to love when we get a day where we see big speeds!...

so robbie,how stock was you sled that day?...;)

Dan

shanksyamaha said:
Machzrobbie, ROCKERDAN. and everyone else. Are you guys running 23/38 gearing with those high speeds???? What other mods are you running?? Help me out I want to get onboard. I wanna keep my stock reliability and gain a few mph if I can for this season... THANKS!!!

i think im the only one round here that talks about my MODS....its always a big secret with most of these guys trust me LOL.

Dan

ROCKERDAN said:
shanksyamaha said:

i think im the only one round here that talks about my MODS....its always a big secret with most of these guys trust me LOL.

Dan

1 inch track, stock gearing, air box mod, and PC3 with some timing - the rest is all clutching. I run a team secondary on mine - but I've also seen the speeds done with a stock Yamaha clutch. Most Apex's I've seen at North Bay run 110- 112. I'm not a fan of the Ripsaw track - I like the predator alot better. I sold the PC3 this year to try the Rapid bike seeing as I have one on my Supercharged sled as well - so far its working awesome. Anyone wanting to add timing or fuel to a stocker I would recommend them considering it.

machzrobbie said:
ROCKERDAN said:
shanksyamaha said:

Dan

1 inch track, stock gearing, air box mod, and PC3 with some timing - the rest is all clutching. I run a team secondary on mine - but I've also seen the speeds done with a stock Yamaha clutch. Most Apex's I've seen at North Bay run 110- 112. I'm not a fan of the Ripsaw track - I like the predator alot better. I sold the PC3 this year to try the Rapid bike seeing as I have one on my Supercharged sled as well - so far its working awesome. Anyone wanting to add timing or fuel to a stocker I would recommend them considering it.
.....when you say stock gearing - that means that you have the 24 top gear in ???? Buy the way = NICE RUN on the vid. ;)!

MUSKIE said:
machzrobbie said:
ROCKERDAN said:
shanksyamaha said:

Dan

.....when you say stock gearing - that means that you have the 24 top gear in ???? Buy the way = NICE RUN on the vid. ;)!

Yes - 24 top - I'm not a believer in the 23 tooth I have to give credit where credit is due - my buddy stone88 on here perfected this set up - and so far the 24 has worked better for us. You should have seen my face the day my girlfriend Crystal ran 127 - I couldn't believe it - she was giving all the guy's on the mach Z's fits that day as they were running 119-121.

How much timing arre you adding on top end?....i was only going around 2-3 on ign module and never went over 10 points of fuel.

can i go more and just run premium?...i never got to play with my mapping much since i didnt ride last season...:(

I never spent anytime with my 24 gear,since i put the 23 gear in the first season,and that along with my dalton/proline setup woke mine up so i left 23 in always. I think the 24 with team secondary is where you make that work.

whats the clutching?? that should make you laugh..LOL

Dan

Just tryed 23/38 gearing , after adjusting the timing & fuel on the pc3 the best i seen on the dream meter 134mph at 11000-11100rpm

xracer said:
Just tryed 23/38 gearing , after adjusting the timing & fuel on the pc3 the best i seen on the dream meter 134mph at 11000-11100rpm

no GPS?....you might be close to 119 in radar...i ground off speedo gear now much more accurate.

dan

xracer said:
.....that does seem good ! way to go!

Back