• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Troops; check out the new adboiven skid!

blue rocket said:
Why is there no shock on the front arm. How will that work :dunno:
Good question,the older style exspert had only twin shocks mounted on rear arm,and front arm was empty,but it would bottom easy on big stuff,and my friend who had it,never got it set up correctly,that is my main fear with this unit to.

We should ask for a bulk deal for us here. I bet they would go for it like throw in the installation kit for an order prior to May 31st. I am going to email them and ask them one never knows. ;)!

Sled Dog said:
We should ask for a bulk deal for us here. I bet they would go for it like throw in the installation kit for an order prior to May 31st. I am going to email them and ask them one never knows. ;)!
Yes good idea sled dog i like your thinking,i hate it when i feel pressured to buy something by a certain date to save money.

SPEED said:
Just spoke to Jeff at Boivin about composite suspension , I had ordered one last nght thru the pay-pal . I am going to put this on an Attak with a S/C. The rear wheels are eight inch, four of them. They tested the skid in sno-cross and state that it will hold up to a beating. As far as install on a sled with boost he would not comment on durability with the added torque as they do not have any real time on the skid in that situation. I also have an x-pert for back-up if I break it so I'll have to wait and see what happens ;)!
So what was the complete price if you dont mind telling us Art. Did jeff give you the discount right off the top,or do you have to send the complete price and get a rebate check in the mail at a later date? Sounds like $1,000.00 bucks total,unless they got you for tax to. Also did he say why the date was so early,we just finished riding sleds,you would think they would give us hard core riders a chance to recoup some of our money we gave up to the gas pump this season lol..

Price for the 121 in Black 899.00 ,mount kit 99.00 if you purchase before May 31. To purchase go on there website and pay-pal a 100.00 they will get in touch with you B4 shipping and final payment. I believe you have to pay shipping and whatever applicable tax.

I am considering this skid after talking to Jeff at AD Boivin today. I was going to 136 my 05 RX1 anyway and this suspension looks like it may offer what I am looking for--- durability.. I have to rebuild and revalve my mono shock skid anyway so maybe this a better alternitave?

I wouldn't be nearly as concerned about composite durability as I would a lightened up metal skid. Designed properly, composites are very predictable and forgiving. If the strengths were properly modeled in all axial directions, the fatigue resistance is great. Strength to weight ratio and fatigue resistance is why these materials have taken over aerospace and applications having vibrations and flexing that cause fatigue in metals. I'd be way more concerned with the new doo!! If Yami did this on the mono and through out the chassis, they could take a step beyond doo in a hurry.

any new news? I would be in on a group buy if they go for it. still waiting on an email from AD boivin answering my questions. some that i asked are:
will it handle(no bottoming) rough stuff with a 220lb + man, and do they offer heavier springs if needed?
are shocks rebuildable & who does them?
will it gain on take-off or top end?
will studing hurt in any way?
how well will they stand behind their product on warranty issues if they occur?

Attachments

• 100_1827.jpg
    100_1827.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 69
They never answered one of my three emails sent. If this is any kind of glimpse of how there customer service is I am not impressed.

Attachments

• Indy's 03.jpg
    Indy's 03.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 64
They are overwhelmed with Emails. I called and Jeff said that this skid is the future. They will be discontinueing the Expert. Studding will not effect it and the weight transfer is as good or better than the X. They will offer a 4 yr warranty with each skid. These have been in development and testing since '97. As far as I can gather they will stand behind this product 100%. He also mentioned that this skid will suffer from none of the problems that has plagued the X

Got a respose from them within hours after I emailed them. He said that the suspension was made for 140 to 320lb guys and they could add heavier springs if needed, but usually they are for 2 up sleds or touring machines with saddle bags.
I told them about TY and he said
"About the Totallyamaha web site. I really want to go and should be able to go next week. The reaction is so great and we get so much good comments that I had not the chance to go there and answer there questions. You know that Yamaha guys are 80% of my market , so we have to take care of those guys ! if you go there before me, let them know I am coming and I apologise for the late answering !
talk to you soon !
Jean-François Couture"

Sled Dog said:
Time to hire people then.
Yes, after two weeks they finally answered my email. The email basically said that the ZX2 is 12 - 14lbs lighter than the Expert X and has better shocks. He said that the ZX2 will transfer as good or better than the Expert and handle the stutter bumps better.

Hi Guys !

I am Jeff and will try to answer you guys as good as i can !

The reaction to the ZX-2 is geat and we get really good comment like i told BA APEX. Thanks BA APEX !
I apologise for the late answering but something is sure. i will answer all of the questions that are ask to me.
This is why sometime it take so long. So be patient and talk to you soon !

They answered my questions, in less than 24 hours. Now if I can just get them to build a 128" suspension I would buy one................Brian

Back