• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Troops; check out the new adboiven skid!

first about the Expert X, we still have that suspension in stock. Parts are going to be available , don't worry. we still have parts for the C-7 kit from the mid 90 so i think we are good with the parts. Because we don't plan to have a serie on the go this summer, that does not mean the Expert X is done. we are going to lower the inventory and get the ZX-2 on the market.

The Expert X still a really popular suspension, don't get me wrong. most of the guys out there with there turbo or blower sled really like a 121 inch suspension mount in a 136 track. this is the hot set up right now.the guys that do a lot of lake,top speed, 250 to 400 horsepower etc... the angle of attack almost desapeare with a 121 suspension mount on a 136 track.

for the ZX-2 :

All the suspension are base on a 121 inch plateform.then you add your extension up to 151 inch and offset mount them to 162 inch. So no matter what snomobile you buy, you will be able to put your ZX-2 Suspension on it with minimal or no cost at all.

06vectorgt said:
06vectorgt said:
Was considering an Air-Wave from FAST until now, time to re-think.

My concern is wear points as this is a no lube design, replaceable bushings would give me a very warm fuzzy. Otherwise the main components will wear/elongate and require replacement.
Has this been asked?

Dear Mr Seifried,

We use very large (pivot ) points wear surface. Don’t worry about bushing replacement there is no élongation possible with large pivot connection and wearing is neglectable.

Thanks for your questions

Denis Boivin

Wonder if it is like a product I used to use in teh trailer industry...Garlock self lubing bushings

About the wheight transfert and looking like the M-10. It just look like the M-10.
The ZX-2 is the continuity of the Expert X. It Transfert as good then the Expert X. Where you see the biggest difference between the two is in big G-bumps. then the ZX-2 take a step ahead.
The ZX-2 will be the first suspension to give you a smooth ride that does not bottom out !

i have not seen anyone give a total verticle travel number yet,

i love the 8in wheels

kinda funny i can see the ezride add as i type this, 1500 more for a skid that is 15lbs lighter and has no idlers to get it there. gee i wonder if they will sell any.

Jeff,
Are the mounting holes the same as the expert? I already have my expert mounted, just curious if I will need to put new holes in my tunnel.
If so, I'll have 6 holes for three different skids. lol

Thanks.

-1CS

I had both the ZX2 and the EZ-Ryde into consideration. I did send a mail to both companies to get more info on their skids, AD Boivin responed within hours, still haven't got a reply from EZ-Ryde. Pricing of the ZX2 and the fact that AD Boivin have been in the business supplying skids for the Yamaha's for a decade tipped the scale in their favour. Going to order a 136" ZX2 skid any day soon.

Thank RXRIDER !
i am glad to have you part of the AD Boivin family !
1Crazysledder, give me your chassis and year and i will ask Alain , one of the owner.
i am pretty sure they are not the same hole but let me check with your machine.you never know !

Looks good to me. Ordered the 136 for my Warrior. Would cost me about 3/4 of that price to replace the shocks on my skid. As it is I spent $350 for bushings, wheels, shaft spacers, and bearings to get the stock skid back in shape. (4500 miles). Looking forward to installing the ZX2 ;)!

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

What the heck, I'll order one as well.

Jeff,
I guess it really doesn't matter where the bolt holes are. I'm worried about the holes being almost slightly overlaping each other. I suppose I could fab up special mounting plates like the ones sledtech has for the Expert X. Anyways, I have a 2007 Attak GT.

Thanks...

-1CS

Jeff
I get some commision or a deal on the skid for starting this post? I had the original boiven in my turbo rx-1. great skid for drag racing but not so good in the big bumps!!!

Just ordered a 144" for my Gade. Will we be contacted when it is ready? and, will you put in the mounting kit or how do we order that?

thanks, Ole Bull, Norway

Back