• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer Racing cold air intake

for those who want to run this with an exhaust and or without, and without a flash...contact aaron at excell ....he hooked me up...he's a advertiser and yamaha dealer and his banner is often on these pages.

Any performance gain for a stock sled? I'm sure there is because of any vendor out there Ulmer racing always backs their products and doesn't sugarcoat anything. If he says 5 to 7 hp then it's probably 7 to 10 but Allan is always conservative. If there was no performance gain and it was just about looks I doubt it would even be available. Has anyone talked to Allen about power gains and if a stock sled can use this without any fuel mods or reflash?

I don't know about HP but I did definitely notice better throttle response!!

I don't know about HP but I did definitely notice better throttle response!!
Ya but you have more than just the CAI, the question was stock with CAI, any issues or gains?

I was under the impression(Ben) that CAI needs a FLASH, to adjust for lean-ness.....Im hoping Allen chimes in here since he is selling these alpha CAI kits.

I think I speak for many guys, who want the most power with QUIET stealthness....Not only does it save a ticket but keeps our neighbors happy.

I've been saying this for awhile, I would be all over a 13 or 14psi flash, for stock muffler, and CAI that makes great HP and if the throttle response can be helped that is huge too! Really want corner to corner snap which seems to be elusive at this time!

Dan

I was under the impression(Ben) that CAI needs a FLASH, to adjust for lean-ness.....Im hoping Allen chimes in here since he is selling these alpha CAI kits.

I think I speak for many guys, who want the most power with QUIET stealthness....Not only does it save a ticket but keeps our neighbors happy.

I've been saying this for awhile, I would be all over a 13 or 14psi flash, for stock muffler, and CAI that makes great HP and if the throttle response can be helped that is huge too! Really want corner to corner snap which seems to be elusive at this time!

Dan
I'm going to assume that the clutching did not find the snap your looking for.

Yep. That's what I want to know. Henry @ Alpha said on FB that they were testing on snow and it seemed fine. They did not dyno the CAI (unless that has changed). Still seems odd that before anyone came out w/these TD made a big topic warning not to do a CAI. Now Alpha has one and so does EVP. Hmmm :dunno:

Yep. That's what I want to know. Henry @ Alpha said on FB that they were testing on snow and it seemed fine. They did not dyno the CAI (unless that has changed). Still seems odd that before anyone came out w/these TD made a big topic warning not to do a CAI. Now Alpha has one and so does EVP. Hmmm :dunno:
exactly the same thing I remember from Ben about the CAI.

It would be great to know from guys with AFR gauges, but it sure seems they dont change things. Typically anything on the intake side of things has not changed anything enough to warrant programming, so it was odd to see Ben post that. I have read a few guys running the CAI and no issues.

Evo now offers stage 1 for stock exhaust. I spoke to them about running a CAI with my stage 4 tune. They told me they added extra fuel in stage 4 so that it can be used with a CAI. I didn't ask about stage 1 though. They are easy to get a hold of...just give them a shout with any questions

Stock with no muffler, just added CAI will pick up 6-7 hp and quicker throttle response, is it huge, no, is it safe with stock tune, yes.

The CAI will work with any of the EVO flashes, the AFR does stay safe, I can not comment on any of the other tunes available from other manufacturers.

The CAI with the Stage 1 flash and stock muffler, works excellent for those that want stealthy, it's a 30 hp increase over stock, while maintaining the stock muffler yet.

The Stage 4 flash with a 3" muffler & CAI is horsepower king (270).

Henry did my CAI and everything is safe!

Have a customer looking for one - either blue or black. If you have either of those coming should I just order thru your site now or wait until they come in?

I have A CAI from Alpha...I also have gauges and a EVO stage 4 and I have 200 plus miles on it and it's safe. My AFR numbers are well safe and boost is right at 14.8. Haven't ran into any issues with it! Sounds awesome! I have a LTX LE...
Sounds great tim,thanks,same set up I have coming,my sandale 3" muffler may be the only difference,between our two sleds,well mine is still in a lot of parts in garage floor,waiting on new parts from Yamaha,they have complete;ly dropped the ball on this SW as far as having parts to rebuild and repair broke sleds.

Back