• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ultimate Sidewinder Muffler Decibel Test

What about the Precission EFI/Jaws muffler? I realize it is expensive but it is muffled until 8psi boost which covers trail riding. At 8psi it opens and is fully open at 12 psi. It also eliminates the low speed drone(supposedly). It seems to be the best of all worlds.

One of my buddies had the first one and worked great since 2017
I don't think he is tuning his 2021, so it might be for sale

I did look at the precision efi trail muffler. Looks like a great muffler esp for someone in an area with restrictions concerning modifications. I really don't need anything that sophisticated and TD has a sale on their accessories right now.

I dont want a screaming loud exhaust but a little bass is ok. The other muffler I am considering is the 2.5" TD SQ. The 3" SQ looks like a better exhaust overall though.

The 3 inch SQ makes more power for sure, but hands down, louder than the 2.5 SQ.

I've been thru a few exhausts and the best I've seen considering noise and performance is the SQ 2.5. That is ...until I heard Justnators PEFI trail muffler. I was impressed.....it is VERY well made, stock muffler quiet, and makes good power to boot! My 5 cents.

The 3 inch SQ makes more power for sure, but hands down, louder than the 2.5 SQ.

I've been thru a few exhausts and the best I've seen considering noise and performance is the SQ 2.5. That is ...until I heard Justnators PEFI trail muffler. I was impressed.....it is VERY well made, stock muffler quiet, and makes good power to boot! My 5 cents.
I just had a look at it on their site. It does look beauty!

I just had a look at it on their site. It does look beauty!
Also seen their under hood cold air intake. The custom elbow piece looks great also. Have been disappointed with other cold air intakes, especially the elbow fitment

Depends on what your willing to put up with for noise.
The Hurricane trail or TD 2.5 SQ is my limit for long days in the trail.

I'd be interested to hear (pardon the pun) anyone else's comments on the PEFI trail muffler.

I'd be interested to hear (pardon the pun) anyone else's comments on the PEFI trail muffler.
It is mine that fleecer listened to. It is extremely well made as most stuff by pefi is. The stock shields riveted back on perfectly. It is very quiet, a bit deeper sound than stock muffler but about the same sound level. It flows good enough for their stage 4 kit which is 320hp. I purchased it in canada and it was right around $530 u.s money. Here is a little clip of it in my garage. I couldnt get to frisky with the throttle as the sled was sitting on a lift and rocking around quite a bit.

It is mine that fleecer listened to. It is extremely well made as most stuff by pefi is. The stock shields riveted back on perfectly. It is very quiet, a bit deeper sound than stock muffler but about the same sound level. It flows good enough for their stage 4 kit which is 320hp. I purchased it in canada and it was right around $530 u.s money. Here is a little clip of it in my garage. I couldnt get to frisky with the throttle as the sled was sitting on a lift and rocking around quite a bit.

All I can hear is clutch rattle!
LOL
That is a well made quiet muffler.

Thunder Products Clutching sells the Precision EFI muffler and is the quietest muffler out there. 2 of our customers purchased other brands and couldn't take the noise. Switched to the Precision EFI and they are very happy. Both members are on here and hope they comment.

That should be the OEM muffler!

Get the 3" it's gonna give you more power give you a deeper sound and looks a lot cooler

Do you happen to known if the 3" will lean out the stage 3 (280hp) tune by Precision EFI?

I'm guessing 'yes'. 3 years ago when I purchased Stage 3 from them I went through a "discussion" with them about exhaust. Sebastien Guay (owner & chief rocketeer) insisted I use only 2.5" straight through. He said 'no' to 3" on his tune.
Maybe he's revised Stage 3 by now so you could. Better buzz them and ask. Talk to Kevin if you can't get ahold of Sebastien.

Thanks. I think I will stick with the 2.5". Makes sense to me. I know they dont recommend a cold air intake either.

Back