• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ultimate Sidewinder Muffler Decibel Test

And based on the testing SanDale/Ulmer did last year, I'd guess the SQ and Stock Mod are within a few HP of each other. Knowing that it's an easy decision if I was debating between the two, it'd be the Stock Mod hands down.
You are doing it again art,selling me on the SM ha ha thanks pete

Hi Art,i found TD prices for these two mufflers,the SQ is $488.56 and the SM muffler is $507.32 I assume that is buying it complete from him,and not sending in your take off stocker I hope.

I haven't priced them on TD's site, but it's all there. And yeah, you'd lose a few HP on Max 17, but also run richer and fuel quality won't be quite so sensitive - The SMM is so darn quiet it's very different when you have that much HP and can hear the wind and the engine over any exhaust. I'll be running the SMM a lot more next season and maybe just save the 3" Sandale for when I really want the extra HP. It's tough for me too, but the SMM just makes the ride more enjoyable when you're not looking for every last ounce of HP.

Hi Art,i found TD prices for these two mufflers,the SQ is $488.56 and the SM muffler is $507.32 I assume that is buying it complete from him,and not sending in your take off stocker I hope.
I think that's exchanged for the SMM. The core is extra unless you send yours in. IMHO it's totally worth it.

I am sure that some of you are concerned about the TD Turbo Force muffler being too loud. I drove by a few law enforcement officers in MN this last season and was not stopped so there was no testing done . However the fact that they did not stop me and check the exhaust tells me something in itself. Noise is a subjective thing but I do not think that my TD Turbo Force muffler is all that "loud". I think it sounds awesome with a nice throaty growl at lower RPM’s and a nice howl at WOT without being obnoxious. I plan on running the same set-up next season.

What about the Precission EFI/Jaws muffler? I realize it is expensive but it is muffled until 8psi boost which covers trail riding. At 8psi it opens and is fully open at 12 psi. It also eliminates the low speed drone(supposedly). It seems to be the best of all worlds.

What about the Precission EFI/Jaws muffler? I realize it is expensive but it is muffled until 8psi boost which covers trail riding. At 8psi it opens and is fully open at 12 psi. It also eliminates the low speed drone(supposedly). It seems to be the best of all worlds.
I haven't heard of anyone here that has tried one yet, I agree it does look interesting - but (to me) it also seems like something waiting to break or go wrong, it's over-complicated for a muffler.

My hurricane quiet is amazing quality and a nice tone no drone and fully passable as stock imo. 2.5 outlet. Sold my hyperflow as it gave me headaches on an all day ride.

X2 on hurricane trail muffler, up to 300 hp and just like stock, it just lost the stock Tinney sound,

Anyone have experience with the TD Super Quite 3"? Looking for an exhaust for the stage 3 280hp tune by EFI? Looks interesting.

Wondering if the larger diameter does help with the trail exhausts and if it would be deeper sounding.

https://turbodynamics.mybigcommerce...-for-yamaha-sidewinder-srx-thundercat-zr9000/
Are you looking for really quiet? Have you checked out The precision efi trail muffler is about the quietest you will get and flows enough to be used on their stage 4 kit. Never heard much chatter on here about the super quiet 3"

I did look at the precision efi trail muffler. Looks like a great muffler esp for someone in an area with restrictions concerning modifications. I really don't need anything that sophisticated and TD has a sale on their accessories right now.

I dont want a screaming loud exhaust but a little bass is ok. The other muffler I am considering is the 2.5" TD SQ. The 3" SQ looks like a better exhaust overall though.

I did look at the precision efi trail muffler. Looks like a great muffler esp for someone in an area with restrictions concerning modifications. I really don't need anything that sophisticated and TD has a sale on their accessories right now.

I dont want a screaming loud exhaust but a little bass is ok. The other muffler I am considering is the 2.5" TD SQ. The 3" SQ looks like a better exhaust overall though.
Get the 3" it's gonna give you more power give you a deeper sound and looks a lot cooler

Back