• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Update from "ttabs Nytro mod shop"

nice Hillclimber, nice.

Attachments

• Apex lower plastic.jpg
    Apex lower plastic.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 105
  • front and side panels.jpg
    front and side panels.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 108
  • front bumper.jpg
    front bumper.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 102
  • gastank shroud.jpg
    gastank shroud.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 101

Sled looks pretty sweet. However, I'll make one suggestion. You may want to rethink location/mtg of the intake filter. It looks to me that you will be kicking it when you are shifting from one side to the other. You may want to get it below seat level.

woodsrider said:
Sled looks pretty sweet. However, I'll make one suggestion. You may want to rethink location/mtg of the intake filter. It looks to me that you will be kicking it when you are shifting from one side to the other. You may want to get it below seat level.

I had that concern before I bought it, but I spoke to several MCX owners and thay all said it wasn't a problem. Then I rode one last year and it really wasn't a problem, it's just rubber and bounces back it you hit it.
I'll need it high to keep the intake clear of the deep Colorado Pow-Pow.

Here's the tunnel dump. I'm making a diverter to keep the snow flap tight to the tunnel away from the exhaust outlet.

Attachments

• #*$&@.jpg
    #*$&@.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 149
haha..

the highjacker is a must IMO if you ride trees. If you are a hillclimber or just like messing around in fields you can get away without it. When we ride in the trees a lot of times you loose site of the rest of your crew. If you get stuck it could be a while before they find you. That's why i like the highjacker. It's like wearing a jock strap

These pics make me want to sell/Stretch my S.E. and head for the mountains. God I love it out there. :Rockon:

Darn, them are some good pics. Its almost mid august and I got snowmobiling on the brain, the wife says I must be sick. Is it just me with this virus or have we all been drinking from the same cup. :drink:

Ttabs / MtDream / Smitty, did you guys get the 2 wheel offset axel all figured out? I want to install a Camo Extreme 156" and hope I am able to just install the offset axel and 8" wheels. I believe the stock rear wheels are 7". How much does the offset move the axel back? Hopefully I can just install the larger wheels and offset axel with the slightly longer track and still have enough adjustability with the tensioner.

What do you think?

Smitty's offset axle kit is now available. Mine came in last week ... your choice of colors....

06020.jpg

I attached my 8" bogey wheels here to show it off. Witht he kit, you also get a new track tensioner system that will tension the track up from the front of the wheels ... more like a Rev.

06022.jpg

The only thing I'm waiting on is the custom exhaust 'tunnel dump' and that should be ready this week. I'm about ready to start my rebuild and I'll post a step by step of what's all going on.

06001.jpg

Back