• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Update from "ttabs Nytro mod shop"

Thanks Ski, but NEED to know for sure on the wheels, that is very important. But that's a start.
Smitty

ttabs said:
Just a little update before July hits. Didn't want anyone to think things are stagnant until Oct.

Also, the reworking of the fuel tank is now getting close to production with a higher volume capacity. All in all, I should be set to carry with me about 12 gal of gas. Stay tuned - things are about to take off! :Rockon:

12 gal Gas tank, tell me more please!!!!!!! where can I get one???

went to the attic to verify for you bro. opened the stocker box i have. stamped in the rear idler is 178mm. most late model yamahas use this as their idler size for the larger wheels in back and rear upper. ski

Right on, thanks.
Now just need some good close up shots of the rear track tensioner, and I am good to go, almost

ask and ye shall recieve...anythign for the great and mighty Smitty...Hey Smitty will the rock be an issue with boost?

oh yeah, welcome to spring riding and the impact on billet wheels...

IMG_3659Medium.jpg

IMG_3660Medium.jpg

IMG_3661Medium.jpg

IMG_3662Medium.jpg

IMG_3663Medium.jpg

IMG_3664Medium.jpg

also emailed them to you, but this shoudl suffice, and you can see the little model had to step into the pics as well :)

Ah, yes. The little Models, have a couple of them myself!! Sure do hate to see them grow up, but life goes on.
So, here is a question for you guys,
With this offset I am making for Ttabs, seems there might be some interest in this idea, and with the adjuster that Yamaha has, will seriously hinder my project, or at least make fall into the Not very affordable section.
How would you guys feel about a track tensioner similar to.... say.... a Doo.
Tensioner would mount to the inside of the rail as with my current offset kit.
I might have a slick idea using the hole locations in the rail for something like that, but it would render the kit, NOT ambidextrious.
Feedback boys, gimme some feedback.
Smitty

LIKE A SKIDOO, OH NO :die :die :die #$%&* #$%&* , sounds good to me, what ever works. By the way guys I put some of smittys inside wheel kits on both of my skidoos last year, They are super nice and darn good quality, keep up the good work. :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon:

yeah smitty builds great gear, got his drop brackets on my Doo...

but he needs assistance on our trip to Sicaomous, so we will have to plan a TY trip up there to cheer him on!!!! I will be bringing camera AND HD video with me this time!!!

Oh, yer mean, real mean!!!
That rock is going to haunt me till I die or make the top.
I'll just steal Mt's or Ttabs ride and be done with it once and for all :jump:

your welcome to ride my scooter anytime!!!

nah, just need to get out and ride together...will be fun regardless of the rock or not...

just picked up the Avid Drivers today...had not even known the guy was a montanan, let alone from same area I am...went over to his house and picked them up...he has a CNC machine in his shop...I need a shop with a CNC in it...

nice nice guy!!!

Yep,
The CNC sure open a lot of ideas!! Love mine, looking to upgrade now.
Hey Mt. any chance you have a track tensioner your not using for a while?
Need one for mock up, so I can make this offset, thought about going to the Dealer, but closed today.

off Nytro? TTabs rails didnt come with part of it? or you just need the weigh scale thingy?

Ttabs only sent the rail, nothing else. I need the tensioner block so I can devise another option, or be able to re-use the stock part.
The black thingy that adjust your track tension

hmmm dont have a black thingy that adjusts tension...all it has is the hoop thing with the bolt on it...ohhh...you mean the support bracket...that llooks like it has four press rivets...industrial grade...could pop them off, but then that would mess up that purdy pcoating...

oh, and KILLER news for NW turbo customers....we now have a 10 gallon tank!!!!! it is being made as we speak...

the guys at trailtank are making it, and dies are being made etc. so this will REALLY make this great little turbo a performer!!!!

10 gallons...
190+ HP...
Net 13+ lbs. weight savings
Under Tunnel Exhaust en route...

not too much power to compromise ride characteristics of the Nytro...big enough tank to go all day...scrubs weight off... under tunnel kills some of the noise, yet lets you hear the purr of the turbo :)...and maintains total balance of sled...

What more could you ask for?

Back