• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Chaincase important info

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzz said:
Nope, the 7000's have the same manual adjuster.Just adjusted mine and tightened 3 turns.

Good to hear they fixed that on the production models of the 7000's. I talked a bit to one of the engineers at the MSP unveil said that Yami would never use Cat's auto version...along with clutch, etc...

Anyone on the fence about checking this should go ahead and do it. Two vipers in our group. Both needed about 4 turns. Only have 140 miles on mine.

I checked the first of two XTX's this weekend. It was about 2 turns out. Quick readjustment, a bit of high temp silicone to seal up the minimal damage to the gasket and away we go. Nothing to it.

Biglandrider said:
I checked the first of two XTX's this weekend. It was about 2 turns out. Quick readjustment, a bit of high temp silicone to seal up the minimal damage to the gasket and away we go. Nothing to it.

Could you please add your location in your profile? ;)!

chain

Chacked my chain adjustment today on the standard model with 126 miles,3 turns loose.Set it at what the owners manual said,have always set ot finger tight then back it off 1/4 turn.

checked mine last week, ltx se... was about 2.5 turns out... sled only had 100 km on it... Im located in Ontario Canada

Just curious how much play you guys have in your secondary clutch? Mainly the guys that are tightening your tension bolt 3-4 turns. I plan to do this but I am just waiting until hopefully this coming weekend when I can get my quiet can to put on rather than doing it all and having to put stock muffler back on only to take it off again. My second has maybe a half in of rolling play at the most. Seems like 3 turns loose on the chain tensioner bolt would result in more clutch play than just a half inch but I could be wrong. Like I said it's a half inch of play back and forth at the most before I can spin the track back and forth

Adjusted my LTX today with 65 miles on it . Took three turns until finger tight and back 1/4 turn. Was able to get gasket off intact but had already bought a copper gasket. Hope that 1/4 turn is correct but that's what is in the owners manual.

My dealer sent out a warning! Check your chain adjuster jam nut. His came loose and lost all of his oil through the adjuster bolt. Then it popped out of gear. No real damage done but should be checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back