• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Chaincase important info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was 2.5 turns out @ 150 miles. I did the same, tightened finger tight and backed off 1/4.

This is an Arctic Cat chain case soooooo I would do what they say to do , just because yamaha wanted a manual adjuster in doesn't mean they know everything about this chain case

And, since any warranty issues will be handled through Yamaha it might be best to do what they say. As has been said before we could use some clearer guidance.

I know you guys are a little paranoid about chain case failures, but this is a little ridiculous. All of you looking at the Arctic Cat manual for a Yamaha sled with a Yamaha warranty. You look at the manual that comes with your sled, you don't look at another manufacture's manual. What's the point?

rough rider said:
What your saying is i shouldnt use the chain adjustment procedure out of my Rupp sevice manual to adjust my chain? LaLaLa

LMFAO that's exactly the way I am seeing it. I am thinking about selling all of my Yamaha service manuals and buying all Cat manuals. LOL

And this is not a arctic cat chain case !!!!!! If you read any of the mags or bulletins from yamaha its a yami designed set of gears and chain. as well as different jackshaft so that they could use yami clutches. Im with you fellas go by your manual and if the difference is a1/2 turn in a bolt not gonna be that big of deal anyway. Everyone just chill and quit trying to pick this machine apart. What did you buy it for if thats what you were going to do. That and have facts if your gonna put something out there. From what Ive read sometimes on here some dont. But then again it is the internet and you cant believe everything you read

and really if you do what the Yamaha manual shows for adjustment and something does happen we have warranty to help out. I think adjust as Yamaha says and go have a blast on the trails and mountains!
I plan to run the hell out of it and have the time of my life doing it. :Rockon:

Thats a big 10-4 on that. If only we could keep snow around here!!!!!

We've almost got too much snow here in Michigan, if such a thing exists lol We haven't had a thaw in a month.

What !!!!!!! To much your crazy !!!!!!!
And we don't want a thaw al lest I don't , it been the best ridding in years here , I'm lovin it !

Was just in Da UP this weekend and can tell you the only way to get to a submerged sled playing off trail is to crawl.... NOT KIDDING! There is so much snow you aren't able to walk. You get off your sled, prepare to be in up to your waist.

They could use more tho ;) to make the season last longer

Okay now what? We probably need someone to figure this out at Yamaha. I have not heard or seen any failures caused by over or under tightening chain but. Here is the adjustment procedure from 2014 Yamaha Viper Service manual.

Attachments

• Yamaha Service Manual Chain Tension.jpg
    Yamaha Service Manual Chain Tension.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 202
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back